Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Can't upgrade bluetooth controller from HW-Index H06 SW 0700 to help with iPhone 4 connectivity issues and lack of phonebook pairing

1. Can't upgrade bluetooth controller from HW-Index H06 SW 0700 to help with iPhone 4 connectivity issues and lack of phonebook pairing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all. I recently purchased a used 2007 (UK 57 plate) Audi A6 Avant and am having terrible trouble with dropped Bluetooth connection on an iPhone 4. When I do manage to get paired I then have the problem that the phonebook/received calls etc are never paired to the MMI. I have spent endless hours trawling for solutions to these issues and from reading many posts I now realise that a lot of people have had similar problems (mostly pre-2010 posts though) and as such I bought the relevant 2g MMI upgrade disks in the hope this would sort everything out. I managed to use disk 1 and 3 to upgrade the 2g MMI to SW version 5570 . However, disk 2 of the set of three didn't show any upgrades to perform on the handyvorb (or any other device, just for your reference) and I stuck with the handyvorb having the following settings "HW-Index H06 SW version 0700". As far as I can see, I need to get this to SW-Index 1130 to ensure a bug-free bluetooth connection with the iPhone 4 (I have iOS 7.1.1 on the iPhone). I'm not sure if I'm fine with nothing happening to the hardware index staying at H06. I tried to go into manual software upgrading mode (through the hidden menu) but the disk 2 still only shows that I can upgrade from 0700 to "N/A" - i.e. it won't let me do anything. Does anyone know how to force the upgrade so I can at least see if SW 1130 will help my issues? I can see a couple of people have had this exact problem (or as close as I can find) but I see no solution posted. One example was posted by "bdbrouse" in 2010 on the audiforum.us website where he asks the following: "When I use the MMI SW update menu, for all of the disk it gives me an N/A for the Handyvorb update. Is there a way to force or override the MMI to make the module take the software updates to get the version to E or H? (bootloader?)" This post received no solution but a few months later "bdbrouse" puts up a post implying he sorted out this problem. He left an email address for someone so they could help this other person so I emailed he too but no reply. Shame but kind of expected nothing back after 4 years since he posted. Hence I have joined this forum in the hope that someone here knows what I can try. Apologies if this exact subject has been posted and discussed here before, but if it has it must be well hidden as I can't find it! Thanks in advance for any help. PS. I should say, all other possible solutions to my problem have been tried (a million settings changed on the phone and all other advice for changing settings and deleting things on the MMI unit attempted) and I really think my only hope is this firmware and software update on the Bluetooth controller. Then again, I suppose there may be other simple things I haven't tried that aren't so prominently advised so any suggestions welcome!

0 0 0

2. Re: Can't upgrade bluetooth controller from HW-Index H06 SW 0700 to help with iPhone 4 connectivity issues and lack of phonebook pairing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem with my iPhone. So upgraded the software on the MMI. Ran all three discs then had to run disc two again to re-install the bluetooth module. Then all worked fine.

0 0 0

3. Re: Can't upgrade bluetooth controller from HW-Index H06 SW 0700 to help with iPhone 4 connectivity issues and lack of phonebook pairing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richball65 View Post
    I had the same problem with my iPhone. So upgraded the software on the MMI. Ran all three discs then had to run disc two again to re-install the bluetooth module. Then all worked fine.
    Thanks for the reply richball65. Trouble is, disk 2 does not recognise H06 SW0700 as something it needs to upgrade and simply states "N/A" as the software upgrade path. I can put the disk in a million times and it will still give me no option to upgrade. Something with that particular firmware/software config as it stands now makes it such that it doesn't see the necessity to go to SW1130. I'm not sure what hardware index it would take it to if I could get it to upgrade (perhaps HW-Index H16?), and maybe the existing H06 reference on the firmware in the controller is causing the problem, but at least it is not H00 which it seems always suggests the controller has had it. I just wish someone had had the same problems as me where disk 2 didn't help them initially but then they found out how to get it to kick in and upgrade. Audi said they needed 2-3 days to work on the problems with no guarantee to sort it out. I wasn't sure if they meant 72 hours or just 3x8 hours!

0 0 0