Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys

Just curious as to what DAB solutions you are using. I've tried quite a few, being in "the business", but i'd like to hear what solutions you are using and the pros and cons of that particular system

So far the best integrated system I've tested on the MMI 3G+ are Kufatecs Fistune set and Densions DAB+U system. I am also aware that you UK guys can make due with the older non-DAB+ OEM variant as of today, as these (used) can be had for next to nothing at the moment as the rest of Europe are moving away from DAB in favour of DAB+
    Audi A7, 3.0 TDIQ, Estoril Blue, B&O, LED, Night vision, HUD.

0 0 0

2. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the UK and EU A7s have always come with DAB as standard so there is no need to retro fit.

Are you sure you don't have DAB on yours or that it's just not working?

EDIT:

I have just had a look at the Audi Norway website and see that EVERYTHING seems to be an option. Indeed it looks like a standard A7 in your country doesn't even come with sat nav as standard which I find amazing

0 0 0

3. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    As mark says, all of our A7s come with DAB so I don't think you will get many replies I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I looked into this before getting my A7, and found that the best way was to get an OEM from e-bay, install, and then either use VCDS or go to the dealer to enable it.
    I even think, thinking about it, that it don't need enabling...
    Look at the german e-bay
    Audi A4 A5 S5 RS5 4G0 035 061 D TV DAB Digital Radio Unit Most Tuner Free Post | eBay

I have this in my car:
    Address 56: Radio (R) Labels: Redir Fail!
    Part No SW: 4G0 035 061 J HW: 4G0 035 061
    Component: Radio U DAB H52 0123
    Revision: AB001007 Serial number: 109AS0B7508631
    Coding: 010103010000000001
    Shop #: WSC 02311 785 00200
    VCID: 244DF24927C0DE9

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @mark View Post
    So the UK and EU A7s have always come with DAB as standard so there is no need to retro fit.
    Are you sure you don't have DAB on yours or that it's just not working?
    Ahh...that explains it then... I think DAB and DAB+ is supposed to be standard from model year 2013 or 2014 on Audis on Norway. I'm positive my car doesnt have DAB as it's a German import and as far as i know the Germans didnt start taking DAB seriously until the last few years. That is...after my car was produced

Quote Originally Posted by @mark View Post
    EDIT:

I have just had a look at the Audi Norway website and see that EVERYTHING seems to be an option. Indeed it looks like a standard A7 in your country doesn't even come with sat nav as standard which I find amazing
    Yepp, and i guess it's one of the reasons the A7 is so popular to import a "secondhand" one from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by soft View Post
    I looked into this before getting my A7, and found that the best way was to get an OEM from e-bay, install, and then either use VCDS or go to the dealer to enable it.
    I even think, thinking about it, that it don't need enabling...
    Look at the german e-bay
    Audi A4 A5 S5 RS5 4G0 035 061 D TV DAB Digital Radio Unit Most Tuner Free Post | eBay
    No DAB+ then i guess? I just installed the Kufatec Fistune, and as you say it turns out that you dont need to code to have it working (You could to have it show correctly in the listings, but theres no need for it functionalitywise)

Do you have the OEM antennamodule as well?

0 0 0

6. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @lpher View Post
    Ahh...that explains it then... I think DAB and DAB+ is supposed to be standard from model year 2013 or 2014 on Audis on Norway. I'm positive my car doesnt have DAB as it's a German import and as far as i know the Germans didnt start taking DAB seriously until the last few years. That is...after my car was produced
    Ahh, sorry for the bad explanation I gave you!
    I do indeed have a 2011 model A7, from Germany, with OEM DAB +, factory installed!.
    So it seems that they did have DAB+ in German cars from the beginning, not saying it must be in yours.
    The reason I did investigate in this was that IF I got a car without it, I wanted to know how to the best route to get it.

As a sidenote, do you have a SIM card in your car?

0 0 0

7. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh, sorry for the bad explanation I gave you!
    I do indeed have a 2011 model A7, from Germany, with OEM DAB +, factory installed!.
    So it seems that they did have DAB+ in German cars from the beginning, not saying it must be in yours.
    The reason I did investigate in this was that IF I got a car without it, I wanted to know how to the best route to get it.
    Ahh... I'm not saying the Germans didnt have DAB, just that it was optional and really not that usual of an option for Germans to buy into...

As a sidenote, do you have a SIM card in your car?
    Nope...but I'm trying to find a way to retrofit it... Do you have it?

0 0 0

8. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @lpher View Post

Nope...but I'm trying to find a way to retrofit it... Do you have it?
    Yes, really enjoying the Goole maps, but even more the online features.
    no need to search using adress, type in 'byggmakker Trondheim", and it will give you the adress to navigate to, even contact detail like phone number.
    The google live traffic info around Oslo is also exellent !
    Can really recommend it.
    dont know if you can get these functions connecting a mobile phone?

0 0 0

9. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've got a new World Cup option that has popped up over the past few weeks. Not tried it yet but noticed that it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

10. Re: DAB solutions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, really enjoying the Goole maps, but even more the online features.
    no need to search using adress, type in 'byggmakker Trondheim", and it will give you the adress to navigate to, even contact detail like phone number.
    The google live traffic info around Oslo is also exellent !
    Can really recommend it.
    I had a sneaking suspicion that was you

dont know if you can get these functions connecting a mobile phone?
    I really need to get to the bottom of this... There seems to be a retrofit kit available that does most of the things the OEM solution does, but I'm not 100% sure... Need to investigate further

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast