1. VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the VW TPK installed in my car, and I'm trying to figure out how to access the aux-in option. I found the control box for the kit, and theres a media-in port on it which I presume a special wire/loom plugs into to allow aux playback.
    However, all I can find on the internet is this, a cable with an aux and USB input on the German ebay. Searching the product code comes up with nothing, so I want to know if this is what I need, and if I can get it elsewhere rather than trying to figure out ebay in German and then having to get it imported across Europe

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Just to clarify, are you wanting to play music from your phone or from another device?

You can stream music via bluetooth with the TPK kit, but the quality isn't great.
    You can use this cable :- Volkswagen RCD210 RCD310 RCD510 Aux Input Adaptor Audio Interface Converter | eBay to connect the AUX output on the TPK directly to the radio's AUX input. That improves the quality of the audio quite a bit over the bluetooth streaming. You can also use the same cable to connect another device to the radio's AUX input.

Jim.

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping to be able to play from the aux on my mp3 player, or preferably straight from a USB memory stick. The spec for the TPK Music apparently allows playback from aux and USB devices, which is why I wanted this cable in order to do so
    I have an RCD 210 which has the ipod adapter hooked up to the CD changer, but it's rather useless as I don't own an ipod. I don't really want to replace the ipod adapter with an equivalent USB one as I won't be able to see whats playing, and I presume playback on the TPK will show the song info etc.

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Not sure if the phone kit display will show which track is being played. I've never fitted one with the optional media cable.
    The cable is an original VW part, so why not price it at your dealer. Part No. : 000 051 905B You can also use the USB port on the cable to update the firmware in the TPK control box.

Jim.

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got ahold of the correct cable, and it seems to work very well playing music from the USB, however, there is no audio. I've read about there being a cable missing somewhere from the TPK to the AUX in on the radio or something, how can I get the sound from the TPK to come through the speakers?

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    You'll need this cable : Volkswagen RCD210 RCD310 RCD510 Aux Input Adaptor Audio Interface Converter | eBay

Plug one end into the AUX output on the phone kit control box and the other end into the AUX input on the rear of the radio.

I'd get in touch with them before you buy and make sure it has the correct connector for your radio. VW changed the AUX input connectors on later radios.
    If there is already a blue connector on the back of your radio, you may have to remove the pins from the supplied cable and insert them into the original blue connector.

Jim.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again for the help Jim!
    There's an ipod connector which runs off the CD changer and I presume is just plugged into the AUX on the radio, and goes into a blue connector.
    I assume I can just plug this cable into the AUX out on the TPK one end, and the other into this blue connector, and then when I change the input on the radio to the cd changer, it will be the audio for the TPK?

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's pretty much correct, but the AUX in is separate from the CD changer although both use the same connector on the radio.
    When you press the media button on the radio, one of the options should be AUX. If AUX isn't there, you may have to activate it in the radio's main menu.
    If it's not in the main menu, you may need the radio recoded using VCDS/VASPC.
    CD changer shouldn't appear on the media menu unless a changer (or iPod adapter) are connected to the radio.

I came across this link on another post on the forum and it shows pretty much what you are wanting to do.
    http://www.mat-d.com/site/diy-instal...aux-in-buchse/

I don't know what the deal is with using all the credit cards to remove the trim around the radio though. He says it takes 10min to remove the trim using that method.
    It takes about 30secs to remove if you place a flat screw driver blade into the slot just above and to the right of the temperature control on the bottom edge of the trim.
    Once the bottom is detached, you can unclip the rest using your fingers. Each to their own, I guess.

Jim.

0 0 0

9. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got that cable and tried to plug it in, but without any results. Pressing the media button on the radio just cycles between the radio, the CD drive and the CD changer (when the ipod connector is connected), and obviously removing the ipod connector to plug the AUX adapter in means the CD changer disappears, so I only have the CD drive.
    I also tried taking apart the ipod connector to see if I could use the AUX leads in there, as the little control bo it goes through is what is needed to fool the head unit into thinking there's a cd changer present.
    I think what I really want to do is make it so the ipod adapter can somehow accept an AUX input and do it via the CD changer, or try and recode the bloody thing using vagcom to activate the AUX...

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit Music help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I'd just get the unit recoded rather than mess about with the iPod adapter.
    Somewhere on the forum, there is a list of folk with VCDS. See if someone has it in your area and ask them if they could recode your radio.
    It only takes a few mins, so shouldn't cost too much, if anything.

Jim.

UPDATE : The VCDS list is here - https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...User-Locations
    Last edited by Flash2; 22-07-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: UPDATE

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast