1. My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive been posting on the forum here and there and reading lots of old usefull info so I thought id copy the build thread over from another forum I use. I know I like reading though build stories, maybe you guys do too, maybe you dont, but thought id post anyway this spans over the last couple of years really. so all progress here is old updates right up untill real time

Well as some of you may have seen in my vectra thread this year hasnt been kind to the old girl. its gone from a trophy winning stunner at billing last year,

to a very rusty old girl that will need alot of work for the mot in july

so i started looking around and a little ebaying session last week resulting in a bit of a road trip up north yesterday with a grand in my pocket, over 600miles in a day lol

to collect this

a 52plate Audi A4 Avant SE 3.0 30v V6 Tiptronic Quattro. fully loaded electrics, full beige leather interior, full lpg conversion, RS4 18s and chrome mirrors, detatchable tow bar, Perfect family car

RS4 wheels and mirrors

detatchable towbar

nice and roomy and comfy inside

60litre gas tank

ash tray full of change

and so, the reason this £4k car was a grand?? well its thrown two conrods through the block, holes each side, found a little end in the undertray

not sure why its spat them out, its only done 92k and has full dealer service history upto 2010, but anyway its ****ed lmao

But AMAZINGLY... it still runs(ish). i drove it on and off the recovery truck, and in and out of the unit a few times. it ****** oil and water out of the block and smokes like hell. but still runs with cyl 1&2 big ends flailing round the crank and pistons stuffed up in the head

5mins later lol

and a little drip too

so now currently on the hunt for a new engine for a reasonable price...........

Plans:-

short term, get a new engine obviously :lmao: and while its in bits i'll prob get some eibach -35mm springs for it just so its not quite so much of a monster truch, but still keeping its luxuary. i would lilke to get some different interior trims as the walnut wood is rather grandad. this needs to be done before the middle of july when the vectra runs out of mot. will give it a nice machine polish too as i dont think its been polished in many years.

medium term, its in pretty good shape all round, the only big scuff is on the passenger side rear dogleg, so might do that and at the same time weld up the hole for the lpg filler cap and relocate that in down at the towbar like my vectra

long term:- i would like to get a full s-line kit for it, but i'm begging to realsie the audi tax pricetag on everything lol with the contracts being exchanged on the house any day now, and the next baby due in 6 months, and an astra to get a look in, i havnt really got a grand to spend on a few bumpers, and in a way i quite like the black and white,

so in reality the short term plans will stand for a long time lol

ive emailed round all the vag brakers i could find for an engine so waiting responces, but if anyone knows of a ASN engine let me know

0 0 0

2. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ron View Post
    stripped the front end off

got to love how these come off, quick release clips on most of the hoses, and a dozen bolts and the rad, aircon, pas cooler, gearbox cooler and whole front panel comes off in one

its a hell of a wide 'V' compared to the vauxhalls

leaving not alot of clearance for the manifolds lol

still searching for an engine though at the mo :doh:

0 0 0

3. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the plot thickens :lmao: as i was still getting stupid quotes for engines if any at all i took a different route and bout this today

A 2001 audi a4 3.0 quattro sport. 84k, full main dealer service history, recent audi cambelt and pas pump, stunning condition and almost a years mot and a bit of tax, £1900 plan is to take the engine out and break the rest, looking a second hand audi bits it should work out i just about get a free engine

I was suprised how basic the 'sport' is, no leather, no trip computer, basic stereo, no armrest, no ski bag, no bose, prett lowspec compared to my se. It has got proper xenons and washers so would be rude not to swap them too. Gave it some proper tests out in the fields and had some full on oppisite lock 4wheel drifting :lmao:[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

4. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    found out the sports are 15mm lower too so will swap the suspension aswell i best be carefull or i wont have anything left to break off the sport lmao

Anyway todays progress, working on the most technical thing ive ever encounted, give me a vauxhall conversion to do any day!

And out

[/QUOTE]

0 1 0

5. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had a shuffle around and got the donor in, proof i am still in the vauxhall gang too lmao

oh another one..

stripping it down, as im stripping the donor i thought id drop the whole assemberly out as one, engine, gearbox, suspension subframe, the lot

everything off and ready to drop, last to do was the prop. 2 hours later and its still on so went home :doh: :lmao:[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

6. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well another hour on the prop and got the bugger off! so all ready to come out

got a selection of trolleys out and in place

and allll out in one

its a hell of a gearbox on it

and all stripped down, audiparts.co.uk depot

thought i would change the cats as with all the oil pouring down down them it may be fobarrred and its a subframe down job to change so easier to do now, they're different though, both genuine audi, but the lambdas are in different places, one cars a 2001 and ones 2002, strange, fitted ok though

and got in bolted in

got to go to work for the rest of the week now though, so no more progress for a while.[/QUOTE]

0 1 0

7. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after a nice 'break' at work was back on it, getting the looms back in

was going to use the inlet origionally off the white one, as it had the lpg nozzles drilled in, drained about 2 litres of oil/water out of the manifold, started wiping the rest out and it was all gritty full of bits of metal!

so scrapped that idea and drilled and tapped the lpg nozzles in the other one, oh and hgave it a quick lick of paint

then went on a bit of a main dealer shopping trip

very flash

and carried on

and all connected wired and plummed in, ready for the front pannel

[/QUOTE]

0 1 0

8. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bit more today, fitting the suspension and brakes off the silver one on to mine, before

after

got the front panel on and gave it a little fire up, and it started only for a second as it was dry still

also added the headlight washer bottle as i plan to run xenons so planning mot friendly

and then took the whole front bumper, skirts and door flats from the donor, and my rear bumper to old work for my mate to add some white

few hours later and back all colour coded up

got back and just laid the bumpers on for now

must say....... it doesnt look much lower with the new suspension on??

booked the mot for saturday, so best crack on lol[/QUOTE]

1 1 0

9. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    been a busy day but not taken many pics, stripped the rear brakes and exhaust off the donor as they're alot better condition than mine, one piece exhaust system, bet thats a pretty penny from audi

I wanted to fit the rear suspension, but you have to dismantle the entine rear suspension to get the springs out, drive shafts, hubs the lot. So left that for another day.

Rear brakes all done

Then fitted the rear bumper, skirts and door moldings, its a spot on colour match, the cars filthy here

Checked all the lights and found its got l.e.d's, very flash

Still got the front end to do tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

10. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    finished off today, got the front end all fitted up

Its up in the air to top up the gearbox, what a mission, you fill it from underneith so had to make a contraption

And it can only be done at oil temps between 35-40°c, so had to plug it in at the same time

wired up the squirters, just had to send one wire to the canbus ecu, yep make a nice mess

And that was it done ready for the mot in the morning

And this is why i didnt bother cleaning up the bay while the engine was out, plastic city lmao

The rest of the car needs a major clean now![/QUOTE]

1 1 0

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast