1. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well after a couple of months of driving around on the 16s i was pretty bored of it looking like an average audi...

primed up, and managed to pick up a set of 4 nearly new michelin piliot sports for £150 to replace the bugets they had on

flatted them down wet 800, smooth as silk

all done and i took them down to my old work for my mate to sprinkle some magic on them

and picked them up the next day like so a sort of light graphite and satin laquer

and today took them to my other mate to bang the new rubber bands on

and on, looks very blue in the pic lol, but they're not.

and the rears are now ET35 instead of ET48, so 12mm wider track each side, fills the arch much better

and its a bit stormy out there now, but looking pimping

i do want to add some lows to this, namely Eibach springs, but the cheapest i can find for mine as its a V6 and Quattro is £216 for 4 springs (eek) but i suppose you get what you pay for. i haven't fitted all the joints and arms yet as i was going to fit it all together and get it 4wheel aligned all at once.[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

2. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Few deliveries today

After lots of searching and finding everyone having the same price of £216 I emailed some of the places pleading and eventually one said £194 delivered. Its only 20quid but it took it under £200 with made it a bit more bare able :lmao:

also a bit of part number searching came up trumps on ebay. Someone had listed it wrong and I got a brand new genuine audi b7 RS4 22 rear ARB for £65

[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

3. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right today all these bits ive been collecting can start meeting the car

at the moment its standard SE suspension on the rear and s line suspension on the front (supposedly -15mm). Audis do suffer from the appearence of having backwards rake like they're always doing a wheelie, but its actually an optical illusion and its the fact they have bigger arches on the front, none the less looks gay.

and it sits nice and level, -15mm at the front

so into the unit

had a measure all the way around to gauge the height difference

pretty dam level

a good way to spend near on £600

is safe to say they used every bit of space under here, fuel tanks, diffs, shafts, exhausts, full!

first off was the rear ARB, bit of an upgrade :lmao:

these are a bit of a night mare to get the springs out on the quattros you have to drop the whole subframe down and still use spring compressors! they put longer bolts in the middle subframe mounts so you leave a few threads in and this is the most you can drop without stretching the brake pipes, prop and looms. a handy feature. had to drop the exhaust and other bits too

SE and eibach

luckily the shorter spring went back in alot easier and didnt need spring compressors

all back together, see the new springs in front of the wheel and arb behind. STEALTH MODS and gave the calipers and disc a quick lick of paint too

back on the ground and immediately the difference is apparent 20mm so far and should settle down another 10mm

thats the rears all done, the spring kit is 30mm all round on se suspension, so only 15mm on s line suspension, meaning it will only be going down 15mm on the front to what i have now...... however, there is another audi part you can fit which are lower bottom spring platforms, lowering it around 12mm, picking them up in the morning and then can crack on with the fronts [/QUOTE]

0 0 0

4. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Day Two, The fronts

back in after looking like its doing a wheelie overnight.

picked up the passat b5.5/ b5 a4 spring cups on the way, more on those in a min

front end stripped out

sline fronts off and standard SE stuff out of the shed

stripped down, SE springs and eibach springs

the passat b5.5/ b5 a4 new cups on the left, my b6 a4 cups on the right. this is where i gain the extra 15mm as they sit firther down the shock

and re assembeld, SE shocks, b5 spring seats and eibach springs

and back together

otherside the same

got the hammerite out on the brakes for a tidy up

and down

ive got it booked into my old work on saturday to have a full 4wheel laser alignment, but took it for a quick spin and although i did measure (ish) the length of the track rod ends before and after, it was miles out. steering wheel was pointing to 2 oclock which was setting the stability control off as it thought i was always turning.

so back in and did a diy alignment. set it all to 0mm with the wheel straight, lucky as my wheels were so big i could reach in past the disc inside the wheel and adjust the rod ends without even jacking it up

and went out for a celebratory wash and you can see the true colour of the wheels outside too

[URL=http://s147.photobucket.com/user/ronniecourt/media/all%208/20140115_140506_zpsoushbipb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r281/ronniecourt/a

0 0 0

5. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had the 4 wheel alignment today. lots of adjustability on these, even toe and camber on the rear the only thing not adjustable is the front camber which is hanging in now its lowered, but its pretty even so shouldnt be too much on an issue

and my lining up the front tacking with zero was pretty spot on but all adjusted properly now

[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

6. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We are up to real time updates now, and once again the plot thickens! I got hold of a sline front splitter about 6months ago and since that time ive been searching for front grilles. But these seem to be very hard to get hold of, and when they do come up they are at preinum prices, sometimes more than new!
    On one of my nightly ebay sessions searching S-Line I came across this for £1000. 1.8T BEX 190bhp 6speed. 6 Months mot, 1 months tax. 102k miles, FASH upto 80k. Just had a recon turbo and top end rebuild, headgasket and cambelt, with all recipts. Black window trims, 5 alloys etc. BUT its got the 6speed CVT gearbox, so you can guess why its so cheap.. .. it had a gearbox fluid change at 40k miles at audi, and a gearbox oil and filter change at 95k when the problems started. Just shows even the looked after ones die its only troublesome start stop shunting around, I drove it 80miles home and it didnt miss a beat!

So the plan is take the bumpers for mine and break the rest. Lots of goodies to go [/QUOTE]

0 0 0

7. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bit of progress today, started stripping the blue one today

Twin intercoolers :whip:

getting naked

started with the passenger airbag deactivation switch mod.

Pop out recess was already in the glovebox

switch in, looms were already there

And the indicator panel in

While the glovebox was out, I thought id get rid of the wood with a donation of the blue one again.

wasnt sure if the black would suit the light interior, but I think it looks great

The deactivation switch does work with the light. But its put the airbag light perminatly on the dash. So im guessing im going to let vagcom tell it its been added.[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

8. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top work fella looks good

0 1 0

9. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And so that was two years of progress, which brings us upto date and i bought the blue one just last week.

Let me know what you guys think

0 0 0

10. Re: My B6 White Avant Build Thread - 3.0 Quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so a bit more today

started off debumpering the audi

rears are a bit of a pain as you have to take out all the rear interior, sub and and box etc.

started on the rear, the blue upper had some bad reversing dents so i checked the upper bumpers part numbers and they were the same so swapped over

i had wondered if the rear Sline lowers were deeper than the SE or it was just the addition of the vent. it turns out they are deeper

SE exhaust cutout

and the bottom brackets are flat on the SE and stepped on the Sline

fitted it on the car to check tow bar clearences :shrug:

so out came the powerfile and a bit of zipping, try cut try cut try cut cut try

much better than the square chop they made when fitting the tow bar

Then on to the front

i followed this as a guide

DIY: B6 A4 - Ultrasport Lower Front Bumper with Stock Upper

and got chopping

alot more trying and cutting and back and forth, i had a bit of a problem that my upper was infact origionally off the silver one all those posts ago as i wanted headlight washers, and had been in a bit of a knock and split all the underneith, above the foglights, and glued and screwed back together etc, so not quite right. it never really fitted spot on, but you never noticed as it was all white lol. So this hampered fitting the Sline lower as its all a bit crocked. but got it all on

the only bit that doesnt line up spot on due to the damage is this leg, but still acceptable and wont notice when its all on. you can also see a few descete screws i had to put in the grilles as the inner bit they normally clip into arent there.

and all done

will be going off to my mate the painter tomorrow

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast