Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    I have A6 from 2016, still on factory tyres, Pirellis (P Zero, AO) but they are getting close to wear limit. I have 255/35 R20 - and not exactly happy with Pirelli, so I'm looking for alternatives. On my last car I had previous generation of Goodyears and there were rather good.
    Anyone using the current gen, possibly in similar size? Or some quality alternatives?
    I'm looking for quiet tyres with good handling, I do a lot of miles over continental highways, including autobahns.

Many thanks for any input,
    Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Very good....

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Had the asy 2 AO on my last A6 255/40/19
    Thought they were really good in rain and dry and very comfortable and quiet. Wear rate very good 30k and still had 4mm+ when I traded it in.
    Got the Michelin PS3 AO on current A6. Ride definitely a bit harder and noisier. Dry grip on par with good year but wet grip is worse than good year. Wears a bit quicker too.

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    I've got the 3's, very happy with them.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCi View Post
    Anyone using the current gen, possibly in similar size?
    Absolutely not the similar size, but Goodyear: 225/55R17 97Y Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 FP SCT. I love it. In my opinion it's far superior and comfortable compared to the Pirelli Zeros.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I changed 2 of the Michelin Primacy 3 AO (factory tyres) to Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 when I had a puncture (Stanley knife blade, blooming roadworks). My thinking was to improve the rim protection on my A6 Avant with 225/55R17. I achieved that, but in all other respects, for my driving style, I found the Goodyear a lesser tyre. More wheel spin where the Michelins would have just gone about their business quietly (roundabouts and junctions), less grip in corners, and noisier. But the rim protection did do its job. However, I too am looking for tyres now, after a second puncture on one of the remaining Michelins. Ideally I would like the performance of the Primacy 3s with the rim protection of F1 As3, probably what you are looking for, but on smaller wheels.

0 1 0

7. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    I changed 2 of the Michelin Primacy 3 AO (factory tyres) to Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 when I had a puncture (Stanley knife blade, blooming roadworks). My thinking was to improve the rim protection on my A6 Avant with 225/55R17. I achieved that, but in all other respects, for my driving style, I found the Goodyear a lesser tyre. More wheel spin where the Michelins would have just gone about their business quietly (roundabouts and junctions), less grip in corners, and noisier. But the rim protection did do its job. However, I too am looking for tyres now, after a second puncture on one of the remaining Michelins. Ideally I would like the performance of the Primacy 3s with the rim protection of F1 As3, probably what you are looking for, but on smaller wheels.
    Primacy's are not available in my size, it would have to be Pilot Sport 4S, which are very expensive in my neighbourhood - roughly 30-40% more than Goodyears. As mentioned in the video above, they seems to be Internet favourite, but given the price difference and fact that they are noisier - I'm not convinced

0 0 0

8. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCi View Post
    Primacy's are not available in my size, it would have to be Pilot Sport 4S, which are very expensive in my neighbourhood - roughly 30-40% more than Goodyears. As mentioned in the video above, they seems to be Internet favourite, but given the price difference and fact that they are noisier - I'm not convinced

I had Michelins on previous BiTdi and were over the moon with them. Unfortunately dont remember what size, except they were 20”.

Currently run the 4S on the S6. Nice and quiet. Phenomenal grip! Expensive yes, but so worth it IMHO.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

9. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I wish I could comment on tyres but cant. Ordered 255/35/20 with AEZ Straight bright alloys more than 3 weeks ago, still waiting. :/
    But after spending loads of my time on reading reviews etc I hope they will be good.
    Some recommend falken azenis fk510 too, similar price and good in tests, not very noisy.

0 0 0

10. Re: Anyone happy (or not) with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Got to remember tyres are very subjective.
    I might find something great but someone else might not. Also your driving style makes a big difference.
    These online tyre reviews/comparison only tell part of a story and must be taken with a pinch of salt. They are only testing 1 size which is normally a common size used in a golf/focus.
    I can remember my Honda had Dunlop sport max something and they were great come rain or shine. I then got them for my golf which was narrower,smaller and higher profile and they were ok but didn’t feel anywhere as good. I think partly to do with the higher profile so it kinda of wobbled a bit(hard to describe the feeling) and the narrower tyre I felt was less grip at the extremes.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast