Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    I got a three prepaid for 6 months with 6gb off amazon for £18. Funny thing is it’s still working 18months on
    I don’t use much other than the odd google map and traffic constantly on.

Thank you. Found some good deals on Amazon for Three, for example a 12Gb card valid for 12 months at £23 or so. Perhaps worth getting something like that and just swap the cards over.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    That’s what I was doing but this one just keeps giving😄

0 0 0

3. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I use a PAYG sim from Three which are just movile data (no voice etc) for usb dongles etc. It was free and gives me 250mb of free data each month, so perfect for my needs. I’m still in France and online data is working fine.

If your O2 sim isn’t working make sure the sim provider allows it to be used in a dongle/router as I wonder if O2 block roaming on a non-mobile phone device?

0 0 0

4. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gav28uk View Post
    I use a PAYG sim from Three which are just movile data (no voice etc) for usb dongles etc. It was free and gives me 250mb of free data each month, so perfect for my needs. I’m still in France and online data is working fine.

If your O2 sim isn’t working make sure the sim provider allows it to be used in a dongle/router as I wonder if O2 block roaming on a non-mobile phone device?

My o2 card is data only, ie for iPad, Dongle, whatever.

Spoke to o2 today and the card is unrestricted, incl in France. They really had no idea what could cause the issue. But recommended that I try to connect manually next time. Just to see if that would work (so I now know who their french ”partner” is).

Bought a Vodaphone card today (PAYGO) here in Germany so will also try that next time.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi NewAudi. I use GifGaf which is O2 network and sujusted compiling a list of French networks and weather or not there is a problem with data. Quote from your last post. "
    Spoke to o2 today and the card is unrestricted, incl in France. They really had no idea what could cause the issue. But recommended that I try to connect manually next time. Just to see if that would work (so I now know who their french ”partner” is). "
    Would you share that info so people can try there preferred network which may provide a solution. Thanks in advance.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

6. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi NewAudi. I use GifGaf which is O2 network and sujusted compiling a list of French networks and weather or not there is a problem with data. Quote from your last post. "
    Spoke to o2 today and the card is unrestricted, incl in France. They really had no idea what could cause the issue. But recommended that I try to connect manually next time. Just to see if that would work (so I now know who their french ”partner” is). "
    Would you share that info so people can try there preferred network which may provide a solution. Thanks in advance.

My o2 card is a German one....but the partners should be the same and in France, I was told, are:

Bouygues and Orange.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. It may help, still a very strange situation. Rather than Orange perhaps we shauld try Garlic !!!
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I think it’s just oversubscribed and the network can’t handle it especially on the data side.
    I’m in France at the moment and I’m connected to orange or Bouygues on 4g. The are some places I don’t get any data at all or it’s so slow I give up trying to refresh the forum home page.
    Then some areas it’s proper 4g and really quick. Had to restart or turn airplane mode on and off till it connected to one of the partners that had some data bandwidth.
    Calls were fine, just data issues that’s giving me grief.

0 0 0

9. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    I think it’s just oversubscribed and the network can’t handle it especially on the data side.
    I’m in France at the moment and I’m connected to orange or Bouygues on 4g. The are some places I don’t get any data at all or it’s so slow I give up trying to refresh the forum home page.
    Then some areas it’s proper 4g and really quick. Had to restart or turn airplane mode on and off till it connected to one of the partners that had some data bandwidth.
    Calls were fine, just data issues that’s giving me grief.
    Out of interest, how was the connection directly in Calais?
    2017 Audi S6 Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: Enable Online Traffic Data 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Flew to Paris so don’t know how it was at Calais.

0 0 0

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast