Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAid View Post
    Hi Nemo,

It only affected people prior to May 2013 - as John said.

Your fine with MY14.
    Thanks BigAid

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ha5smu View Post
    <Photo>
    Thanks. You've got the same MMI software version, but 'P' for factory software rather than 'K' for dealership updated. You've got a slightly newer maps database though.

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took my Audi S6 to the dealership and showed them this post. After indicating that it may void the warranty (as the work is "unnecessary") they agreed to apply HN+R_EU_AU_K0770 to my car. The process involved 12 successive updates, and took about 45 minutes of workshop time.

After the patch, the car immediately started working with Bluetooth and in-dash SIM coexisting at last. This is a fantastic improvement, and works perfectly.

Thanks Westfield2, you nailed it!

Cheers
    Michael

0 1 0

4. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Currently dealing with an escalation call with Audi UK regarding this - same issue - dealership wants confirmation from Audi UK that it will not invalidate the warranty before applying it.

Will see what happens and update - I could be waiting a year at this rate until the warranty expires.
    A6 SE 3.0 TDI quattro, S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, Valcona leather, Ambient lighting, BOSE, 20" 5-Arm rotor alloys, Front heated seats, LED headlights, Night vision, Sports differential, Sports steering wheel, Sports suspension, Comfort package, Technology pack - Advanced, Storage pack

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, BigAid -

Confirmation from HQ seems unlikely. The reason being, the MY2014 is the one where this feature was introduced and of course it is not a fault if a new feature is desirable to older clients from previous model years. Nevertheless, it is good customer service to accommodate this upgrade. My S6 is under a year old, and I felt the old functionality made the use of a Bluetooth phone unusable, since the dashboard SIM is important for maps and traffic.

Vindis Cambridge were reasonable. They were clear about the risks but did not decline to do the upgrade. I went halves on the workshop time. I am sure that if a future warranty issue with the MMI were to come up, and it was attributed to this update, I would have to concede it was my choice and not Audi's responsibility. However, there is no way this change will invalidate the entire vehicle warranty. Also, it is a great update and works perfectly. The MMI hardware is compatible - see if you can get them to do it under workshop time you pay for, and not warranty. It'll set you back £50, which isn't terrible for a great new feature.

Michael

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Convinced Audi Bradford to update the firmware, it did cost £132 Inc VAT, they did advise that as far as they know this update will not do what I wanted. I had to explain that it needs tinkering with the hidden menus which they obviously wouldn't touch.

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! Dealers refusing to install an Audi software update is terrible customer service! In the other thread, @ndiye bought the SD card with the updates from Audi Parts for £25 and installed it himself.

What MMI version are you guys already on? The MMI updates are often installed by dealers to fix specific issues, as well as the periodically increasing compatibility of Bluetooth handsets. "Bluetooth calls dropping" is an often cause for updates .

For example on version 518_7, my Bose amplifier sounded frankly rubbish. When the car got updated to version 612 a while ago the Bose then sounded much better.

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the latest Navigation database updates won't install unless you've got an updated MMI version. So if you were paying the dealer to update your maps, they might well have to update the MMI software whilst they're at it.

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol wasn't allowed to buy cards myself when they checked with HQ.

Dealer apparently takes responsibilities for any future costs if errors occur after update so wouldn't do it as not a mandatory update without confirmation from HQ
    A6 SE 3.0 TDI quattro, S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, Valcona leather, Ambient lighting, BOSE, 20" 5-Arm rotor alloys, Front heated seats, LED headlights, Night vision, Sports differential, Sports steering wheel, Sports suspension, Comfort package, Technology pack - Advanced, Storage pack

0 0 0

9. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was having this issue with an A8, MY2013. Audi's diags computer and systems looking for updates via the VIN number or Reg Plate all came back with "up to date", "no new versions available".

However, check this link out (use google translate if necessary): CarFreak's Blog: Ãœbersicht Audi MMI 3G / 3GP / MMI Plus Software-Versionen

For different cars and 3G vs 3G+ there will be different updates required, but for A6, A7, A8 and Q3 owners, this one should do the trick:

8R0906961DG - K_0770 EU (Q3/A6/A8/A7) SVM:3GPEU770

This brings the MMI software up to version K_0770 - which seems to resolve the simultaneous bluetooth and in-car data SIM issue nicely. No engineering VCDS trickery required either, just apply the update (or ask your dealer to do so), and it should work.

When I asked the specific question "is this part number (8R0906961DG) available and applicable to my car?" the answer was positive, previously all attempts had been fruitless.

Hope this helps.

Mark

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluetooth Phone and Dashboard Data SIM Card 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My dealer is not budging, saying no update available. I have escalated to Audi UK, but not holding much hope given response so far. I may do this my self, have downloaded the various firmware, but nervous about doing this. The chap at Audi confused me saying I had MMI 2G, but Ihave the widescreen, HDD sat nav in a 2012 car so thought it was a 3G, but is it a 3G+. I have some other queries on the process here:- Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services - Page 9

0 0 0

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast