Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am currently trying to install one of these kits on a 2010 (I think they changed some of the wire colours for 2011) Polo R6, and I think I have got the wires connected to the larger connector alright - using a short length of wire to make contact I can lock and unlock the car without the controller box plugged in. However, I have not yet managed to ascertain which wire to connect the blue door trigger wire to so the remote will unlock the car but not lock it as it thinks the door is open. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im in the process of trying to install an R-Click central locking kit to my daughters VW Polo 6r.
    Ive done everything in the above thread (pin 20 is green with a yellow trace wire). All wired up and the key fob locks the doors but doesn't open the doors.
    Can anyone help???

0 0 0

3. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galler View Post
    Im in the process of trying to install an R-Click central locking kit to my daughters VW Polo 6r.
    Ive done everything in the above thread (pin 20 is green with a yellow trace wire). All wired up and the key fob locks the doors but doesn't open the doors.
    Can anyone help???
    It took me a long time to establish that the system is quite simple for the basic lock/unlock function.R-Click Support replied to my emails each time after I sent an email to their sales contact (!) but with a standard response that I had already followed. So here is what I eventually gleaned .....

summary: only simple connections of the two relays to the switching wire and earth are required
    test the connections and resistor manually with a piece of wire
    if testing relays in box be aware that a multimeter is too laggy on the ohms ranges to test the short duration switching

detail:
    The box requires only the larger connector plugged in. It contains two relays that act as switches each to short out a pair on wires - one shorts lock to earth and the other shorts unlock to earth. Each of lock and unlock is connected to the stripey lock wire in the loom in the driver's foot well, one via a resistor (officially 180 ohms, but I found 150 ohms was fine and I happened to have one). Effectively you connect the wire that goes to the lock to earth either through the resistor or not. This gives the two functions.

I tested the lock and unlock function by simply putting a piece of wire between lock and earth, and then between unlock and earth in the plug that goes into the R-Click box. This tests your connections and the resistor. In fact I ended up going around with bell wire hanging out of the door so I could short the ends to lock the car (mine worked for unlock but I also kept a resistor with me just in case) whilst I tried to get it sorted out.

I found that the wiring was fine and both lock and unlock worked manually. R-Click support say that 99% of problems are in the connections. This did not seem to be the case with mine, but I only have one case to go on. So my next step was to connect the box to a 12V power supply. It is as well to be aware that a multimeter takes a short while to settle, so using the ohms range to test the switching of the relays is not great, you may want to use a battery and an led to make a tester.

On my unit, the unlock relay worked every time and the lock relay worked one time in twenty (ish). It took another web form to sales to get a replacement sent out. It worked perfectly.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Phil,
    I'm too only using the big connector. Permanent live, earths (3 in total, one main and 2 from the lock/unlock) soldered together and earthed to the bodywork, and the unlock with in-line 180 ohm resister spliced into the lock going to the green/yellow wire on pin 20.
    Like I said it locks fine but don't unlock!.
    Just going back out to test the connections!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi guys ...

Hopefully you had success installing the Rclick RCL to your 6R Polo.
    Hi Jim

I am now trying to install a Right Click KE851 RCL Kit to a 2010 Polo S (6R). I see in these old posts that there was mention of updating wiring instructions. Has anyone got round to doing this or does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Thanks
    Cax

0 0 0

6. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    The update to the instruction is contained within the thread.
    The change was to connect the locking unit output to terminal 20 of the driver's door connector rather than terminal 11, and to use a 180~200 Ohm rather than a 1k.

0 0 0

7. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks very much! I will try this as soon as I get the resistor.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cax1977 View Post
    I will try this as soon as I get the resistor.
    OK. Let us know how you get on.

0 0 0

9. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thats it working! Thanks so much for your help. I also had to swap the blank blades supplied with kit as they were too short and wouldn't turn in ignition barrel- but all done!

0 0 0

10. Re: 2010 Polo Remote Central Locking (Replacement/Installation) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    After following this thread I managed to install my central locking kit from rightclick on my girlfriends 6R however I have now got an airbag light showing on the dash. I think it is possible that disconnecting the wiring harness from the door with the ignition on may have triggered it. Anyone else have this issue?Is VAG COM required to clear the air bag light?

0 0 0

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast