Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Has anyone had or seen this on their car ? I've got it on both sides, and it's smooth on the outside (ie not atone chips)

I've got it booked in with Audi next week, but figured I share just to see if I was alone or not!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've not seen this on mine and I'm assuming no one else has due to lack of replies.

I'd be very interested to hear what the Audi dealership has to say. If it's both sides it could be stress related. Did you park nose in and have the bumper push up from a higher than expected kerb or pavement? You know the ones? Where u notice as you park and have to reverse back and hear all types of scraping from the bottom of the bumper?

I hope it goes well.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you owned the car from new?

0 0 0

4. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

I've owned this one since new, it's done 55k now, and to the best of my knowledge haven't hit anything - but I agree its a fair suggestion of how it might happen. I'll check under the bumper to be sure.

I'll let you know the outcome, but I'm definable aiming for warranty on this one!

P

0 0 0

5. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plgaler View Post
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

I've owned this one since new, it's done 55k now, and to the best of my knowledge haven't hit anything - but I agree its a fair suggestion of how it might happen. I'll check under the bumper to be sure.

I'll let you know the outcome, but I'm definable aiming for warranty on this one!

P

Cool, another 5k on the clock and the car wouldn't have been within the warranty terms i.e. Up to 60k miles / 3 years. No harm in taking it to Audi even if there is a scrape under bumper to see what they say. Get this and any other issues seen to before the magic 60k miles is hit.

0 0 0

6. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, somehow I'd missed that - it's on a 4 year pcp up to 120k miles and no warranty after 60k is rubbish - come this autumn it's toast. Can't have that liability on my hands driving the mileage I do. Bmw is unlimited I believe. How can Audi offer finance and not cover the car during period the finance is for!

Oddly, on mobile phone contracts, this isn't the case.

Thanks for pointing that out, much appreciated.

0 0 0

7. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cracked my front lens. It's a whopping £800 if you have bi xenons and an eye watering £1500 if you have the led version. I always triple check the handbrake now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Are those costs per side? £1500 for one full LED!!??! Presume you are paying for a full replacement unit. ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes per side. My car only moved forward very slowly. But it was enough to crack the lens slightly but enough to allow possible ingress of moisture. I was told that the whole unit needed to be replaced. Yes I could have patched it up with plastic glass but I decided to swallow the bitter pill.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plgaler View Post
    Wow, somehow I'd missed that - it's on a 4 year pcp up to 120k miles and no warranty after 60k is rubbish - come this autumn it's toast. Can't have that liability on my hands driving the mileage I do. Bmw is unlimited I believe. How can Audi offer finance and not cover the car during period the finance is for!

Oddly, on mobile phone contracts, this isn't the case.

Thanks for pointing that out, much appreciated.

Surprised the dealer didn't suggest an extended warranty to you with such a high mileage. Even BMW would have only given you cover to the end of the third year. At present the third year on the Audi is provided by the dealer rather than Audi themselves hence (I guess) the mileage limit whilst it looks as if both BMW and MB provide the 3 year from the manufacturer. Might be worth asking the dealer what options are open to you to extend the warranty as the manufacturer warranty has not yet expired.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast