1. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the very same issue, on both headlights! New car, A6 avant, no marks, sctraches, dents on the bodywork. Sesto Autoveicoli acting very badly 😡! Pictures available brian.ocallaghan@libero.it

0 0 0

2. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pictures yes.. brian.ocallaghan@libero.it or how do I post them here? Important for other victims of Audi abuse. Their customer service is to refuse with rubbish reasons, rather than inquire ��
    Last edited by Brian965436; 15-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

my car turned 5 lately and those little marks / cracks you all mentioned started to grow as hell. Besides this, both headlamps are now cloudy if there is rain.
    Took it to an expert who said that at least 90% of the LED lamps look the same he saw recently (and believe me he sees a lot). So this must be a quite common problem and I suspect it is due to some crappy material or production failure. Anyhow I decided to write to the main Audi dealer here in Hungary as well as to Valeo just to see whether they are aware of the problem or not.

So, if you have the same problem please send or share some pictures with me to prove mine it's just an exception: j@diff.hu

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    J

0 0 0

4. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjessy View Post
    Hi,

my car turned 5 lately and those little marks / cracks you all mentioned started to grow as hell. Besides this, both headlamps are now cloudy if there is rain.
    Took it to an expert who said that at least 90% of the LED lamps look the same he saw recently (and believe me he sees a lot). So this must be a quite common problem and I suspect it is due to some crappy material or production failure. Anyhow I decided to write to the main Audi dealer here in Hungary as well as to Valeo just to see whether they are aware of the problem or not.

So, if you have the same problem please send or share some pictures with me to prove mine it's just an exception: j@diff.hu

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    J
    Hi J,
    I've forgotten my password to the thread by would love to have this crap by Audi brought to the public attention.
    Their official answer was that due to aggressive cleaning materials, the lights cracked. They tried attempted theft and maybe someone bumped the lights, or maybe... but never did they say they may have an issue with cheap material production 😡😡😡!
    Please help me publish!
    Here are some pictures for you! A disgrace and Monday I am forced to pay €2400 for an Audi issue that it passed on to the poor innocent consumer.
    Thank you, stay in touch, Brian

0 0 0

5. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,
    I have a new Audi A6 avant, and can’t believe that for the second time in less than 18 mounts, both headlights have cracked asymmetric without explanation. Audi Italia is brushing me off with washing the car, caused it ����! This time I’m going legal. Pictures available to all interested. My mail is brian.ocallaghan@libero.it

0 0 0

6. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    On my previous A4 B8 I had similar problems, but in my case it was rear lights that were both cracked, no accidents, reversing etc. Both lights were almost identically cracked.
    Went to talk to official dealer, he had no idea what could cause. I thought maybe vibration. He suggested that cause could be chemicals. Especially in winter, when washing a car in automated car wash and it does not rinse enough.
    Didnt do anything else, cause car was out of warranty. Only later in some forum found a thread with lots of other owner with similar cracks.
    After buying A6 I stopped washing at automated car washes

0 0 0

7. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Agree this could be caused by using a car wash' I WOULD NEVER put mine through one, God Only knows what is in there. What's wrong with a bucket and sponge, especially if it's raining, garenteed no crap in that, well we hope not !!!!! It dose make me wonder what is different in the casings of LED units compared to traditional light units.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234