1. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's really good to know, thank you! Off to see them on Friday, I'll report back on how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Picking up point on moisture in the lenses. I have the full LED lights and have noticed slight moisture in lenses issue from new, in certain weather conditions etc. This clears very quickly once the lights are on and the cooling fans start running. Wouldn't want this potential future cracking issue to occur 3 years down line when out of warranty. Full LEDs cost circa £1500 a corner to replace! (Gulp!)

A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmonster View Post
    Picking up point on moisture in the lenses. I have the full LED lights and have noticed slight moisture in lenses issue from new, in certain weather conditions etc. This clears very quickly once the lights are on and the cooling fans start running. Wouldn't want this potential future cracking issue to occur 3 years down line when out of warranty. Full LEDs cost circa £1500 a corner to replace!
    Hence my point about the Sale of Goods Regulations. If LED headlamps should last 10 years then you'd only be looking to pay £450 if one failed after 3 years because you've had 3 years use out a £1500 part.

0 0 0

4. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update - this is a warranty claim! It's booked in for a couple weeks time.

Apparently speaking to some of the staff this is a "TPM"?? on the subject and there was in fact some confusion about my visit. They thought I wanted the work done and in fact I just wanted a "warranty or not" assessment, confusion caused by the fact that the service dept are already aware of this as an issue.

So by the sounds of it, I've got a couple choices

- consider increasing the warranty (circia £500-£600)
    - Try and bail out of the PCP (which probably isn't for a while - November-Jan next year I think)

Thanks for all the comments/thoughts - hopefully if anyone else spots this particular problem they can also get in before the warranty expiration. Although perhaps if it's a known issue it would be covered after the warranty expired.

1 0 0

5. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Same issue happened, bought second hand car from Audi dealer, next day noticed this:

Wire 2017-06-19 at 13.20.03.jpg

Will be talking to dealer soon.

0 0 0

6. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpsmynads View Post
    UK gets the 2 year unlimited warranty too. If you do 50,000 miles per year you effectively get a 2 year 100,000 mile warranty. In the 3rd year you'd get nothing as you've passed the 60,000 mile limit which only applies in the 3rd year.

I think
    correct 3rd year is dealer backed hence thrid year is always harder to get warranty work as it comes out of their own P&L

Year 1 and 2 they cross charge to group so its money for nothing for the dealer

0 0 0

7. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a new Audi A6 avant. What looked like condensation in both headlights, has now started to crack. Sesto Autoveicoli in milan italy, without explanation are asking me to pay and refusing the Gaurrantee 😡! No visable body damage of any sort, no straches etc. The very same as you!!

0 0 0

8. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a new Audi A6 avant. What looked like condensation in both headlights, has now started to crack. Sesto Autoveicoli in milan italy, without explanation are asking me to pay and refusing the Gaurrantee 😡! No visable body damage of any sort, no straches etc. The same on both lights!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Sounds highly unusual...(both cracking?) any pictures? .... could it have been stress/damage caused on original build ? Eg; light lens to bumper contact leading to cracking etc?

A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

10. Re: Cracked headlight lenses :( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have pictures!! Many, as I really do plan to go legal. How do you post pictures here? The car is perfect. The symmetrical cracking of both lights and the way it started, must be explained by Audi and not just fobbed off by the dealer.. sesto Autoveicoli 😡

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast