1. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    No probs. I've got others on all sorts of other different systems. I've no idea how to store them online but happy to email them if you are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

2. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes please

0 0 0

3. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    They are sending - with my speedy 1.8 Mbps they could be a while lol

There are 5 in total including this mornings.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well windscreen now replaced by Auto Windscreens and have to say overall I'm fairly pleased; the one minor downside was that the plastic VIN number in the lower left of the screen was slightly scratched when removing the old screen. Obviously given the chat in thus thread I've given everything a good check out, in particular the HUD display which I'm pleased to say remains nice and sharp. The weather today also meant that the ring sensor has also had a good check out and I've also just checked the HBA and active headlights.

One point of interest though was that for the initial check of the lane assist had the car steering left of centre initially. By which I mean rather than bisecting the white lines it wanted to sit the left wheel on the cats eyes on a dual carriage way. My initial thought was that the camera module had been put back off centre, however, after a couple of miles it sorted itself out and behaved as normal. I was wondering, has anybody else experienced this or know if the system is effectively self calibrating comparing trajectory wheel position?

As I said all working as per usual now but a little disconcerting initially as it tried to steer the car from the centre of the lane.
    2013 A7, S-line Quattro Tiptronic, Havanna Black, Tech Pack Advanced, Bose, 4-zone climate with heated rear seats, Adaptive Headlights, Rear View Camera, Through-load and storage pack.

0 0 0

5. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get the impression with the A7 that they designed it with screen removal/replacement in mind. After all. some jobs like the HUD require the screen to be removed to access.

As such, the sensors and cameras have been positioned and engineered in such a way that even if the screen is replaced at the road side, everything should still work just fine. It's much harder to "break" things. This is in contrast to previous cars where a screen replacement left you terrified that something would not work afterwards even when done by the dealer

0 0 0

6. Re: HUD not in focus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Found the info I had....

The windshield is an important optical component of the head-up display. Because the display image is also reflected by the windshield, its function represents a third mirror.
    A standard windshield can create a disruptive double image.
    The windshield of a vehicle with the head-up display differs from a conventional windshield in that the PVB foil (polyvinyl butyral) between the two flat glass panes of a head-up windshield is not a constant thickness.
    A head-up windshield has a slight wedge shape, so the thickness of the windshield increases slightly in an upward direction. This wedge shape eliminates the potential for double images.
    The tolerances for windshield installation are very tight for a vehicle with head-up display.

Optical System
    The head-up display is generated by backlighting with 15 LEDs a high resolution TFT display, which is a matrix of Thin Film Transistors.
    The display’s function is similar to that of a
    slide projector. Light rays are projected via two deflection mirrors onto the windshield. One of the two mirrors is adjustable and is used for height adjustment of the display. This adapts the position of the head-up image to the seating position or body size of the driver.
    The mirrors also correct any image distortion caused by curvature of the windshield.
    The light intensity of the displayed image is continuously adapted to current ambient lighting conditions. To do this, Windshield Projection Head Up Display Control Module J898 evaluates luminosity values from Rain/Light Recognition Sensor G397.
    The driver can adjust the brightness of the display according to their needs. This is done through the MMI and the system controls located on the vehicle light switch.
    The light intensity is configured so the display also remains easily legible in direct sunlight.

Ive also got the calibration procedure if anyone is interested. Will need to be emailed though as there are a lot of pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Could you please send me the calibration procedure, I have been driving myself insane trying to figure out why my HUD is so fuzzy. Thanks from the states. Ryangiraud@yahoo.com

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123