Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control

1. Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I've searched the forum loads of times and can't find the answer!

I have an 2005 A6 4.2 Quattro with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). However as long as I have owned the car the ACC has not worked I have had the dash warning 'ACC not available' and the VCDS error '00234 - Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation Misadjusted'. I see that this is not an uncommon fault, but rectifying it may result in an expensive trip to the Audi dealer. So, what I'd like to do is deactivate the ACC and enable the normal cruise control (CCS).

I have changed the steering wheel coding and instrument coding from ACC to CCS. These changes have resulted in the ACC warning lights not illuminating at start up, but the cruise control does not work and I get no dash warnings (although a fault code read still comes up with '00234 - Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation Misadjusted'. There must be some missing steps to activate CCS, so what else do I need to do?! I suspect I may need to deactivate the Auto Distance Regulation module -is this possible?

Many thanks for any help!
    Rob

0 0 0

2. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Have you considered / tried removing the ACC sensor? I'm sure if you go through the ACC menu there is one to tell the car it is not fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks M1tchy, I'll give it a go. I can change the long coding in the CAN gateway coding to uncheck ACC but there doesn't seem to be an option to activate CCS. I expected there to be a coding option in the engine module, but don't have the option for long coding in there. Hoping I'll get there in the end, although I'd love the ACC to work really! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I use ACC most of the time when I'm driving now. I did find an option to tell the car it has normal ccs today while looking for something else. Think it was in central electrics 5f but not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Still no luck... This is what I did:

19 CAN Gateway - removed AAC
    17 Instruments - changed to CCS
    16 Steering Wheel Electrics - changed to CCS
    01 Engine - coding II code 16167 to deactivate GRA and code 11463 to activate CCS

Then I end up with module coding errors for 16,17,19 and no communication with cruise control module in 02 auto trans. Oh and cruise control doesn't work on test drive...

What I didn't do was remove ACC from 07 Control head by going to Adaptation Channel 001 and restarting the MMI. Will doing this solve my problems?! Any help most welcome!

0 0 0

6. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I guess not many have ever tried what you are attempting so don't think you will get any definitive answers. All I can suggest is you try your remaining options you have mentioned and if not, try a trip to the dealers and see what the cost is to sort the fault - it may not be as expensive as you think - but then again it might be lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks again M1tchy... Just tried removing AAC from MMI and restarting, but still getting 'module incorrectly coded' for 16,17 but no fault for 02 and 19 now... :/ I've also tried getting into 5f as you suggest above but get 'no response from module' so can't change anything in there...

0 0 0

8. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Just in case anyone's able to help... Here're my fault codes for Instruments and Steering Wheel. Any advice on where I might have gone wrong most welcome! Would be great to hear from anyone who has successfully deactivated ACC to CCS. Starting to wonder whether I need a new cruise control stalk without the ACC features...

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 4F0-910-549.lbl
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 549 HW: 4F0 953 549 A
    Component: Lenksäulenmodul H07 0230
    Revision: 00H07000 Serial number: 90025052590552
    Coding: 0112142
    Shop #: WSC 02323 785 00200
    VCID: E6C3D2FDD1E7612E81B-80B3

Subsystem 1 - Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
    Component: Lenkradmodul H07 0080

1 Fault Found:
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    000 - -
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 4
    Mileage: 204816 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2014.05.03
    Time: 21:07:36

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 17: Instruments Labels: 4F0-910-xxx-17.lbl
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 930 A HW: 4F0 920 980 H
    Component: KOMBIINSTR. M73 H16 0630
    Revision: 00100000 Serial number: 4R252EH95
    Coding: 2145413
    Shop #: WSC 14557 067 57207
    VCID: 214901E1F849C616B49-8074

1 Fault Found:
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    000 - -
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 4
    Mileage: 204816 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2014.05.03
    Time: 21:07:36

0 0 0

9. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This might help, but these are the modules I had to code to get ACC to work, might help you remove ACC, this was on an A4 B8 3.0TDI-

13 Auto Dist. Reg
    01 Engine
    16 Steering Wheel
    17 Instruments
    56 Radio

0 0 0

10. Re: Deactivate Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and activate normal Cruise Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone

Thank you for this topic which obviously allow me to ask you a question. While driving today this message popped up " adaptive cruise control OFF" Have you had something similar like this? Thank you in advance for your help.ACC OFF.JPG

0 0 0