Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I had my reminder come in from DVLA , and it said i could apply online,

So i thought id give it a go and save me a trip to the crowded post office !!!

I went through all the stages and ended up with this A REJECTION , i have current insurance , and it expires 26th September 07 , i think this is why it rejected me , as it thinks i may not bother re-newing it !!!

So off to the Post office with my insurance certificate to get tax in person , ah well

the reply from the DVLA site below

------

SORRYInsurance could not be found

Sorry, it has not been possible to locate insurance details for the vehicle on the Motor Insurance Database at this time and you are unable to complete your application for a tax disc using this service.

This does not necessarily mean the vehicle is uninsured.

It could be that your current policy expires shortly before the new Licence Start Date.

If you have recently renewed, updated or changed the Insurance Policy the vehicle details may not yet have been updated on the Motor Insurance Database.

If you have a valid Insurance Certificate or Cover Note...
    You will need to apply for the tax disc or declare SORN at a licence-issuing Post Office® or DVLA Local Office (as applicable for the vehicle) using the reminder (Vehicle Licence Application/SORN Declaration) or the Registration Document/Certificate together with the Insurance Certificate or Cover Note, MOT Test Certificate/GVT Test Certificate (if applicable) and fee.

If you DON’T have a valid Insurance Certificate or Cover Note…
    Insurance must be obtained before applying for a tax disc.

This application has been cancelled

PLEASE ALLOW 24 HOURS FOR YOUR INSURANCE RECORD TO BE UPDATED BEFORE YOU USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN.

IF YOU DO USE THIS SERVICE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS, YOUR TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL.
    MK5 Golf TDI 2.0ltr GT Sport in Black

0 0 0

2. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Possibly due to the insurance database only containing a full list of insured vehicles from later than Sept '06

0 0 0

3. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've been taxing our cars online for about two years now with no problems.

I think that if you have less than a month on your insurance / mot remaining it will reject it. A bit stupid really as on a lot of cars all three will often be due at the same time i.e. tax, insurance and mot.

0 0 0

4. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post

I think that if you have less than a month on your insurance / mot remaining it will reject it. A bit stupid really as on a lot of cars all three will often be due at the same time i.e. tax, insurance and mot.
    i agree, mines the same, my insurance expires on 10/10, MOT expires on the same day, tax is due for renewal at the end of this month....

so even though i did the last one online, i cant do this one, rather silly really.

0 0 0

5. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had problems every time i try and get my truck taxed using my trade policy. the idiots at the post office seem to think that every vehicle on the road needs to have seperate private insurance. what a joke, especially considering the state of our roads and the amount spent (wasted) on some of the ludicrous traffic calming measures that have been popping up all over the place in recent times.
    im quite sick of getting ripped off left right and centre to be honest, it makes me mad, but what can you do?? apart from letting off steam having a good blast down an appropriate carriageway i cant think of any (whats that, they are banning people for that too now!!!?) ridiculous *sigh

0 0 0

6. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Couldn't agree more Seat till i die!
    On the subject of Road Tax Renewal, you need every i dotted and every t crossed I just renew it at a post office but try to keep away from Sats!
    On your second point on traffic calming......
    Hats off to Southampton City Council
    Our local council has just installed a set of what it euphamistically terms "traffic calming measures"
    This basically consists of sharpening the corners of roads to an almost perfect right angle, anybody parking albeit illegally within 10 metres completely obscures your view.
    Turning into a road from a road that has been traffic calmed means that your bonnet is nearly always more than halfway across the road to enable your tail to clear the kerb.
    The addition of rephased traffic lights has now resulted in a frequent jams where previously there were none.
    The County Council added a set of traffic lights to a motorway junction on the M27 J3 to improve the traffic flow.
    This resulted in 2 mile tailbacks where previously there was a left turn crawler lane which rarely resulted in jams.
    It is indeed a delicious irony in being compelled to pay for measures which clearly are making the situation worse, not better.
    Well done mission accomplished...stationary traffic!
    Gazza57

0 0 0

7. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post

I had the same situation You can apply , don`t worry
    SKODA OCTAVIA GLX 1.9 TDi Black Met ... )

0 0 0

8. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did mine last night, went through nicely.
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

9. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i have done mine and our lasses car for the last few renewals, and had no issues, and tax has arrived within 7 days normally less

RickT

0 0 0

10. Re: Applying for tax online 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I have just had the pleasure of renewing my tax. I work away quite a bit so have my post forwarded to me, anyway tax renewal form arrives, usual thing look for MOT and insurance doc's only to find I have left my insurance certificate at home. So I try it online, all went through no problems, except they will only send it to the address on your log book. Now both my tax disc and insurance doc are at home over 300 miles away. The wonders of technology heh.

Saying all that tried renewing my Bikes tax at the Post Office and they said my MOT wasn't valid (it didn't show on the computer), but I think this was the same as some of the other threads it didn't have long to run.
    Steve. 2002 (52) Passat 1.9 TDi 130bhp (AWX)

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast