1. tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So looking around at what I can do to get more power/torque, seems that getting larger injector tips is a good upgrade

So we're do I get them from?

What size tip is good to go for?

Do I need them to be rebuilt professionaly? Or can I do a diy job my self?

What other mods should I be looking at? Wanting to aim for around 150bhp and as much torque as the clutch will take

What so you guys recommend? Please bear with me I'm new to these engines used to my old French tin cans

0 0 0

2. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    what engine code are you starting with ? edc or cable pump ?
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AHU engine code (I believe) not sure what you mean by cable pump or edc?

0 0 0

4. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    the injector pump, does the throttle on it operate by a cable or electronics. makes a world of difference to tuning and i can't think what an ahu is. my 80 is edc, electronic diesel control, so the pump is controlled by an ecu. a new chip fitted in there gives me a lot more power without touching the injectors. you can do the injectors but without a bigger pump head, you won't see much improvement. if you put more fuel in without any more air then all you will get is a lot more black smoke, which is unburnt diesel, so not doing you any favours.

0 0 0

5. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's defo ecu controlled no accelerator cable it's all electronically controlled.

So iI would need to get the ecu chipped? What sort of gains can be had with that? And what sort of cost would I be looking at?

0 0 0

6. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9TDI PERFORMANCE CHIP ! Chiptuning ! | eBay

this is what i have in mine. easy to fit as they just push into a socket, no soldering required. my 90 bhp 80 will keep up with an a4 130 pd.

0 0 0

7. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok might look on to that then, always seen bad press on these chip things tho. What's your car like for smoke levels? With the chip?

Also you running it on veg oil as on your sig? I've got mine on veg at min but abit worried about going to 100% just in case I cause any damage

0 0 0

8. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i have an elsbett kit with a coolant powered oil heater so can run 100 % veg. my injectors have been tweaked by diesel bob and i have a pump sealed with vitron seals, so can run 100 % veg all year, but at least 10 5 derv in winter to thin it out. when i boot it i do get some smoke but i will be fitting a better intercooler next. a little smoke means you need more air next, not more fuel. seriously, don't think about a chip, just order one and fit it, makes the car 100 % better. turbo comes in lower and just a whole lot different to drive. i have no egr or cat on mine and have flowed the inlet manifold.

0 0 0

9. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok that's great info thanks I will probably get the chip next time I've got some money

I'm gonna do away with the n75 valve and run a manual boost controller on their turbo so not to worried about smoke as can adjust boost to suit.

I'm on like 80% veg oil at min 10% petrol 10% derv and a dash of 2 stroke no issues as of yet all tho I am worrying a little about it.

0 0 0

10. Re: tdi 90 tuning injector tips etc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    keep the n75 valve with the chip. it will run the turbo higher anyway, and with a manual controller you will be forever going into limp mode everytime the boost exceeds desired boost. the new chip will sort this out.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast