1. Question VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 1.4 polo 4 door with a bizarre central locking problem. Can only unlock from passenger door, cannot lock from passenger door. Cannot unlock from drivers door but can usually lock (but often not first time)

anybody got any good ideas?

0 0 0

2. lock unit faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there sounds like the micro switch in the lock units themselves are faulty. If you take the door handles out completely you will see the slot in which the paddle from the lock barrel fits and operates the door.
    With the handles removed you can put a flat screw driver in there and test the lock itself.
    Sometimes the paddles on the door barrels break and cause similair probs, lets hope that is the case as its much cheaper and easier than replacing the door locks.
    If your car is model year 2000 onwards you can test the micro switches by putting the key in the door and using the total closure function to operate the electric windows. if the windows go both up and down then the door locks are ok and we need to look elsewhere for the problem.

Hope this helps
    I am VolksWagen!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Essentially the same problem. VW Polo 1.4 3 door 2001. I unlocked the door, the door unlocked, both windows dropped and the key jammed into the lock. After about 20 minutes the key was freely turning and I got it back out. Tested the locks and windows and all appeared to be OK. The next day I found that the driver side and the hatchback locks cannot be opened and are stuck fast when trying to use the key (all locks operate OK when using the lock/unlock switch inside the car). The passenger side door lock is OK and is working fine at all times.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whistlingrufus View Post
    Essentially the same problem. VW Polo 1.4 3 door 2001. I unlocked the door, the door unlocked, both windows dropped and the key jammed into the lock. After about 20 minutes the key was freely turning and I got it back out. Tested the locks and windows and all appeared to be OK. The next day I found that the driver side and the hatchback locks cannot be opened and are stuck fast when trying to use the key (all locks operate OK when using the lock/unlock switch inside the car). The passenger side door lock is OK and is working fine at all times.
    I Have a VW Polo 5 Doors and the same happend to me.
    Key stuck in the door and 2 open windows in wind and rain in a supermrket car park. Eventually forced the key back and got it out .
    Now I cant lock the drivers door. It doesen't respond to anything.
    All the others do lock. It's a mystery.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I too have this problem - the key became jamed in the passenger door in my missus mk 5 Polo - the AA managed to remove the key but now

* the lock on the passenger side it totally jammed
    * from the driver's side you can unlock the car using the central locking (all doors unlock) but when you lock the car, only the drivers side locks - the C/L motor doesn't operate)

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can go about fixing this?

Thanks

Ade

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All
    My 02 Vw Polo 9n Has Experienced A Central Locking Problem.
    All Good When Locking The Car With The Remote, But When Trying To Lock Passenger Door From Driver Central Control.
    The Passenger Door Lock Went Down And Pops Up Again
    Its Good If I Lock It Manually.
    Any One Knows Why

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is a mechanical fault....the lock barrell with paddle is broken. remove the handle from door and you will find lock barrell containing paddle broken. quick cheap easy fix. no electrical problem and no faults would be stored on a vag com related

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if pump fails,central locking pump located behind o/s/r light cluster, quick fix to open doors, petrol cap is to blow/suck into tube attached to pump, tube levered off with a screwdriver.

0 0 0

9. Central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    I have a 98 polo 6n and having problems with the central locking. Finished work and went to open car door and felt like nothing there when turning the key. Used passanger door for a few weeks until that lock went. Has anybody got any ideas what has happend?

Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Vo.Po Guest
    There is a security feature built into them, if someone tries to force the lock, the barrel will just spin

Take it out and have a look, not sure if you will have to replace the barrel or not though

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast