Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I have a 1990 VW Corrado G60. For reasons beyond my control I wasn't able to take it out for a spin for 8 years. When I tried to get it out of storage,
    after some work I could get the brakes loose again, the engine running, but 1 thing seems to be hopelessly stuck : The Clutch

The peddle will not move for even a millimeter, I could bleed the hydraulic cylinder, and with the nipple open, the peddle moves, but when closed it firms up, I can even stand on it, it will not move at all.

So I think the clutchdisc is fused to the plate and flywheel...

Anyone have any kind of tricks on how to get this unstuck, or is the only way possible to take the 5speed 02A gearbox out and prie the complete clutch assembly from the flywheel.

grts and thanks in advance for any tips.

0 0 0

2. Re: 02A clutch stuck 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    with the disc stuck to the flywheel the clutch will feel totally normal. i think its more likely your slave cylinder is siezed. try removing the slave but leave the hydraulics connected and see if the pedal will now move.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: 02A clutch stuck 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tried this, with the slave cylinder removed, I can depress the peddle by hand. The cylinder moves. Ofcourse can't press all the way, since this would push the cylinder a part and destroying it.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. clutch stuck down engaged
    By bombanela in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-07-2012, 12:00 AM
  2. Clutch stuck in the floor
    By jalz in forum Audi A3 - 8L - 1996 - 2003
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  3. I have lost fifth (02a cda)
    By sticky in forum Golf MK3 - 1993 - 1999