Notices

User Tag List

Thread: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had this remap to 206bhp and 298ftlbs and do not regret it one bit. The power comes in once the clutch is fully engaged and not a moment before. Not had any slip whatsoever. Love this remap and the car now feels powerful and smooth. Just keep on top of your services.

0 0 0

2. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will the remap cure the hesitance when pulling away from junctions and will Audi know its been remapped when it goes in for service.

0 0 0

3. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A decent remap will smooth-out power delivery across the entire rev range.

Will the engine handle the power? Yup
    Will the clutch? Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the condition of the clutch and how it's been treated. I've only ever had remaps done in conjunction with a new Clutch/DMF, more by coincidence than planning but a tired clutch will definitely be exposed by a remap due to the significant increase in torque. Either way, avoid launches and traffic light Grand Prix; it's not what the remap is about and will almost certainly knacker the clutch/DMF (new or old)

Will the Audi dealer be able to tell? Yes, if they bother looking at the checksum stored in the ECU but why would they?
    One thing to bear in mind is if they re-flash the ECU to remove the 'defeat coding' this will overwrite the remap so be sure to get a guarantee from whoever does your map that they will re-apply it afterwards FOC.
    Embisix
    Current: 2010 A4 2.0TDI Quattro S line Executive Saloon (Sepang Blue Pearl)

Previous: 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI Quattro Sport (Atlas Grey)
    Previous: A string of (mainly) DOHC VTEC flavoured Hondas

0 0 0

4. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theskyfox View Post
    So is that from 140bhp right up to 204bhp? Personally from a mechanical point of view I wouldn't bother. If I was buying a 2.0 140 second hand that had reviously been run at 204bhp I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. The clutch isn't designed to take it, the gear ratios will be wrong, then theres all the unseen bits like the fill rate of the DPF. You'd be better of selling it and either buying a 2.0 tdi 177 or waiting for the 2.0TDi 190bhp, (which is already phasing in on the A6). I imagine it won't be too long before it makes it on the A4 - the next version perhaps?

In fact thinking on it...I think you can get the 3.0TDi at 204bhp now...with bag loads more torque to boot!

-Andrew
    Well it's an old thread now, but loads of people still read them, so I'll throw my pennies worth in regardless! You'll never get a 2.0tdi 140 to run at 204bhp, total BS, the turbo isn't big enough, the fuel system wont be able to sustain the fuel pressure requirements either. However they will map to 185 bhp without issues, that is unless the boost comes on song too early in the rev range, then the clutch will slip, even a new one will slip. What you need is a nice smooth torque curve to avoid any transmission problems, that clutch will be good for up to 240bhp. The 170bhp model can be mapped to 220bhp and it uses the same clutch and DMF. The gear ratios are fine, it's a 6 speed box, you'll hit the sub 8 seconds without issue. The DPF won't 'fill' any more, utter rubbish, unless you drive everywhere flat out (in which case there will be more regenerations of the DPF) you'll have no issues, in fact because the engine is running more efficiently the engine should generate less soot. My recommendation for any car that has a DPF is to run it on Shell V-Power all the time, you'll be really unlucky to have any problems if you do this.

0 0 0

5. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Care to share the forum discount code for DTUK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    A few points .

Clutches aren't measured by bhp handling .

V power at 10p per L more or whatever it is expensive , just 86p per tank will see you right !

What the hell do you want a DTUK tuning box for ?

0 0 0

7. Re: The 206 BHP Remap for 2.0tdi - Too Much? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    A few points .

Clutches aren't measured by bhp handling .
    Correct, but the op was just talking about BHP, one would assume that torque had increased accordingly
    V power at 10p per L more or whatever it is expensive , just 86p per tank will see you right !
    It's not actually 10p per litre, Shell gives back not only credit to use on products but also reduced cost items such as oil, washer fluid, food and drinks when using their club card system; so I would say the premium is closer to 5p per litre or less considering the car achieves better MPG on V-Power
    What the hell do you want a DTUK tuning box for ?
    The OP obviously feels uneasy with a proper remap!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12