1. Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am looking at buying an A8 3.0tdi quattro. My budget is around 10k to 11k.
    this seems to put me in the range of 2004 to 2007/08 cars with milage from 60k to 90k.

I like all the toys available on the A8 but particularly would like Bluetooth connection for my iPhone.

Was as there a year that Bluetooth was standard in A8's? Is it possible to upgrade in an older model to Bluetooth? If so is it costly? DIY or Audi dealer?

0 0 0

2. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've done a little searching online and found the following information regarding the different generations of Audi's MMI interface.
    please bear in mind I am not vouching for the accuracy of this info but it may be useful none the less.
    Multi Media Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0 0 0

3. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I think it was always an option, so you would have to judge each car individually.
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

4. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When you say it was an option do you mean one that the original purchaser of the car would have chosen when ordering the car new.
    can it be added retrospectively if the car does not have it as an original option.
    thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6forever View Post
    When you say it was an option do you mean one that the original purchaser of the car would have chosen when ordering the car new.
    can it be added retrospectively if the car does not have it as an original option.
    thanks
    Sorry, I wan't very clear, yes I mean only an optional extra, but I think in 2009 the MMI was upgraded from MMI 2G to MMI 3G it became a no-cost option over the privacy phone in the armrest.
    MMI 3G is later technology and the easy way to tell if the car has it is that the big know on the centre console has a joystick 'nipple' as apposed to a black flat top.
    Look on p.37 of this 2009 brochure:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Feb%2009.pdf
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

6. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if Bluetooth can be added retrospectively? Or if I want it am I best finding a car with it already in place?

0 0 0

7. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    According to the Parkers Car Info Pack BT was available from August 2006. It lists it as a £250 option however there must be more to it than that since my car (2007) has BT but it wasn't quoted as an optional extra when I rang Audi UK to check the specification, implying that it was standard. From what I remember from researching this when I bought my car the advice was pretty overwhelming in favour of getting a car with it factory fitted. Much neater as the microphone etc is all in place. Having said that I'm sure there are very capable companies offering a retrofit, but bound to be costly. I spent three months waiting for the right specification (for me) to crop up - well worth it. Good luck!

1 0 0

8. Re: Which year for Bluetooth? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Retrofit bluetooth doesn't need to be a parrot kit, which can be temperamental & untidy. I bought a genuine Audi bluetooth kit from ebay for my 2006 A6 for £230, though I believe they're more like £300 now. I paid a vwaf forum member to fit it for me (A8 Tech), so it ended up costing me £300 in total, but the end result is a completely oem bluetooth retrofit. Mic where it would be had it been fitted at factory & quality of sound is excellent.

I believe it's not that difficult to fit yourself & I'm sure A6_Chris has posted a 'how to' guide, if you wanted to do it yourself to save some money. So if you can find a car with it already fitted, then all well & good, but I wouldn't let the lack of bluetooth put you off an otherwise good car if you don't mind paying £300-£400 pounds for a genuine Audi module retrofit.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

1 0 0