Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all

i am looking at buying my first audi and am interested in the A4 avant. I've been offered a 03 plate 1.9 tdi so was wandering if anyone had any comments on this model and any advice on what I should be looking out for / asking when go to look at it. Are there any common faults with this year of model?

Thanks in advance for any help,

G

0 0 0

2. Re: Looking to become an Audi A4 Avant owner.... Advice welcomed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    No real major issues compared to new models but check the electrics work as intended, check the heater motors blow air in the correct places

Check a/c working as the compressors fail on high mileage B6

Check for any heavy vibration from idle which may indicate dual mass flywheel

Wiring looms brake on the drivers A pillar so make sure the door electrics work, window regulators fail so check for stiffness and noise

Check the carpet for signs of damp as the plenith chamber blocks up and turns into a pond which then runs into the car

Normal wear and tear on the brakes and suspension

In some cases gear selection can be harsh so check 1st and 2nd gear

avoid multitronic auto gearbox like the plague

I have a 2004 1.9 tdi avant quattro and its been my workhorse for 6 years with 130k on the clock now it still out drives the B8 by a country mile... helped by 190 bhp map

Great cars 1.9 pd diesel is very reliable engine and good mpg .... no dpf no start stop cheap to run and you rarely see one on the back of a recovery truck unlike all the new *****

Dont but a B7 2.0 pd what ever you do there chronic

1 0 0

3. Re: Looking to become an Audi A4 Avant owner.... Advice welcomed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great, thanks for checklist A8 tech. I know it's got 135000 on the clock and the owner has looked after it since they had it, basicly getting everything done the logbook said when it said it. They did tell me the turbo went a couple years ago and that was replaced. Should I be considering any residual issues or be thinking about anything to do with this.

Just so you know I am a relative novice when it comes to the technicalities of cars their engines and electrics but I am learning so apologies if any of the questions seem somewhat daft.

thanks,

G

0 0 0

4. Re: Looking to become an Audi A4 Avant owner.... Advice welcomed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, my A4 just turned 200k miles see my post earlier today 10/03.
    45-50mpg and quick and quiet.
    Broken earth cable in drivers door hinge briefly took out door console but,
    one crimp later and all back to normal.
    wiper motor at 100k miles and throttle pedal assembly had failed due to
    corrosion on pcb but quick cheap swap.
    overall solid motor, hopefully with many more miles.
    good luck on finding a tidy one.
    progress through technology as they used to say! ( in German)

0 0 0