1. A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only recently joined the fold in terms of Audi ownership having been a long standing VW owner (Original Golf GTI Mk1; 2 x Golf VR6; Golf TDI 150; 2 x Scirocco). Anyway, acquired a one year old (6 Jan 14) A5 3.0 S-Line TDI Quattro with S-Tronic box with 8,500 on the clock from Grimsby Audi on New Year's Eve 2013. The driving experience is wonderful and the smile may have to be surgically removed !!

Would like to obtain longer term experiences from fellow 3.0 TDI owners and in particular their thoughts on fuel consumption. The official Audi figures, whilst very attractive, appear rather unachievable unless I use the car for Weddings & Funerals ! I have made a few tank refills now since getting the car and have managed between 33.2 and 36.8 mpg so far without driving hard (OK I might have pressed on the loud pedal a couple of times) and only a couple of long runs of over 100 mile, where the MMI actually got up to 42.5mpg. Doesn't seem too bad, but should I be disappointed at these figures or pleased in members' experiences ??

The car is still on the young side and has only been driven in the cold months so far, so these may improve. However, if others think them low, has anyone had any remapping done by Audi or others that would not invalidate the warranty ??

Thanks in anticipation - Longframbri

0 0 0

2. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum. My wife has an A5 with the same engine/gearbox as you and is getting very similar figures. Short start/stop runs kills the mpg and it drops to about 25 when doing that sort if driving. Pretty happy with the mpg to be honest and never considered the need for a remap as it's plenty quick enough.

What spec did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that M1tchy. It's the 245PS with all the bells and whistles including Sat Nav; Phone Prep; Xenons with LEDs; 19" Alloys; Rear Camera Park Assist

0 0 0

4. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Sounds very similar to the wife's. Hers is the 5 door model with all the toys in black. Looks amazing when it's clean!

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Similar figures tank to tank on my 3.0 A6

0 0 0

6. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I got 46.9 mpg off my 3.0 BiTDI A7 at the weekend. Drove from South west wales to catterick and averaged 46.9! I was, and still am, amazed.

80mph with cruise on in Eco mode the whole way :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 0 0

7. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    in Eco mode the whole way :-)
    Wheres the fun in that

0 0 0

8. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    There wasn't any......but I get to go back tomorrow so might have some fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 0 0

9. Re: A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Hi M1tchy,

Out of interest, did you take it easy in your car for the first 1000 miles. I would be happy getting that kind of mpg although hopefully get similar on my runs up and down the road. Usually set the cruise at 77mph and that way the cameras don't bother.

Cheers, Scott.

0 0 0

10. A5 3.0 TDI Ownership & Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    No we didn't take it easy mate, but then again didn't thrash it. Just drive it normally as per the handover brief when I collected it. Her A5 is now on about 17k miles and my A7 on 6k. I've got the more powerful engine yet it's posting better mpg results! Strange!

We both drive with the cruise (adaptive on both cars) set to 80mph although when I follow her mine is at 77.5 mph and if she follows me hers shows 82.5 mph. Again, random

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast