Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why was my last post closed.

I am mearly trying to ad my car

If you had bothered to read the last post you will see I am keeping with audi in my next car purchase and will be a avid user of this forum

I have the same user name in mbclub where I have posted over 800 posts

I just want access to post my car for sale is that really to much to ask from a car forum?

I didn't repost my first hello

I was given a message for the forum to say there was a error with my first hello post

Thanks for the lovely welcome

0 0 0

2. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you posted a new member thread in the new members section, mentioning the car you're trying to sell.

I deleted it.

You then posted a second thread saying the same thing.

I edited that and posted explaining why and asking you to read the rules for the classifieds section - which answers the question you've asked here.

As you seem unable to do that, I'll post the specific rule here:

"This section is for active members with at least 25 useful posts. Spamming the forum to gain access to this section is frowned upon and your posts will be removed."

I trust this answers your query.

0 1 0

3. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As i have said in the emails back to you

i did not duplicate my post (which i have now told you twice!!!) would you like me to spell it out for you as you seem incapable of understanding it!

i tried to post it on my mobile but your forum said i had an error, i then checked the forum to see if it had been posted, which it had not, i then posted again, if you had bothered to take the time to read them instead of just closing them you would have noticed the wording was different

the post was NOT to promote my car but to ask the question about listing my car for sale on here (god forbid i should try and sell my audi on a audi forum)

I understand rules are there for a reason but one would assume they are in place to stop non genuine people from posting inappropriate content etc, not someone that has been registered since 2010, i appreciate i have not used this forum for some time however when i had ecu problems on my cvt gearbox i found it very helpful and full of great info.

i dont appreciate being spoken to in this way when all i was trying to do was get some info from a forum, (isnt that the idea of a forum?)

i am a member on many other forums under the same user name and never found a moderator so short and unhelpful, if you dont want to offer intelligent advice then i suggest you dont offer any

0 0 0

4. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelk3289 View Post
    As i have said in the emails back to you

i did not duplicate my post (which i have now told you twice!!!) would you like me to spell it out for you as you seem incapable of understanding it!

i tried to post it on my mobile but your forum said i had an error, i then checked the forum to see if it had been posted, which it had not, i then posted again, if you had bothered to take the time to read them instead of just closing them you would have noticed the wording was different

the post was NOT to promote my car but to ask the question about listing my car for sale on here (god forbid i should try and sell my audi on a audi forum)

I understand rules are there for a reason but one would assume they are in place to stop non genuine people from posting inappropriate content etc, not someone that has been registered since 2010, i appreciate i have not used this forum for some time however when i had ecu problems on my cvt gearbox i found it very helpful and full of great info.

i dont appreciate being spoken to in this way when all i was trying to do was get some info from a forum, (isnt that the idea of a forum?)

i am a member on many other forums under the same user name and never found a moderator so short and unhelpful, if you dont want to offer intelligent advice then i suggest you dont offer any
    I've answered your question - ranting at me because you don't have enough posts to advertise your car won't help you.

My apologies if that seems "short and unhelpful" but rules are rules and they exist for a reason.

If you'd like to make a complaint about the rules, please contact Stuart the site owner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

5. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not just an Audi forum and if you had a look around, you'd see all the various sections

The rules are for everyone. There is no distinction for length of service. I'm glad you've found the forum useful.

Using your favourite search engine, have a read about Ethic of Reciprocity.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 1 0

6. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank u for your additional input mycarsavw

Yes I am aware it is not just a audi forum and yes I have looked around and seen the different sections.

I am aware rules are for everyone. I am not for one second trying to say I should be exempt from them

I have been brought up to treat others as I would expect to be treated myself. You have just proved my point I mearly asked a question which was completely ignored? The was deleted before my question was answered or any advise was given.

That basic truth is that if I can't add 25 posts then I don't deserve to use what is supposed to be an open forum

I have tried to put my point across as diplomatic as possible, I have not used bad language or been aggressive in anyway and yet aggression was shown to me in the first instance

I will not add 21 random posts that will not be of use to people on this forum as my knowledge of all things cars/audi/vw etc is very basic and therefore I will not be posting my car for sale!

Thanks for being such a friendly and welcoming forum.

I give up trying to enter into intelligent conversation about this stupid rule that does nothing for the safety or security of this forums users

0 0 0

7. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank u for your additional input mycarsavw
    You're welcome.

Yes I am aware it is not just a audi forum and yes I have looked around and seen the different sections.
    Quite a lot isn't there, we try to cover all the VAG marques in one forum.

I am aware rules are for everyone. I am not for one second trying to say I should be exempt from them
    Your posts said;

"I just want access to post my car for sale is that really to much to ask from a car forum? "

and

"I understand rules are there for a reason but one would assume they are in place to stop non genuine people from posting inappropriate content etc, not someone that has been registered since 2010"

Perhaps I misunderstood, but that would appear you're suggesting that because you've been here since 2010 you should be allowed to advertise your car for sale regardless of your post count. If I am mistaken, I apologise.

I have been brought up to treat others as I would expect to be treated myself. You have just proved my point I mearly asked a question which was completely ignored? The was deleted before my question was answered or any advise was given.

[...]

I have tried to put my point across as diplomatic as possible, I have not used bad language or been aggressive in anyway and yet aggression was shown to me in the first instance
    Some excerpts from your posts in this thread;

"If you had bothered to read"

"(which i have now told you twice!!!) would you like me to spell it out for you as you seem incapable of understanding it! "

" if you had bothered to take the time to read them"

"if you dont want to offer intelligent advice then i suggest you dont offer any"

If that's how you want to speak to people then you should expect to receive the same in return.

That basic truth is that if I can't add 25 posts then I don't deserve to use what is supposed to be an open forum

[...]

I will not add 21 random posts that will not be of use to people on this forum as my knowledge of all things cars/audi/vw etc is very basic and therefore I will not be posting my car for sale!
    The forum is wide open for you to use as you wish. Two sections are restricted to hopefully prevent our members from being ripped off by fly-by-night scammers.

Use the forum, become active and in no time you'll be posting there too.

I give up trying to enter into intelligent conversation about this stupid rule that does nothing for the safety or security of this forums users
    It's a shame you feel you cannot discuss this with politeness and intelligence. If you stuck around, maybe you'd see how our 'stupid' rules benefit everyone.

Thanks for being such a friendly and welcoming forum.
    Thanks for being such a loyal member.

EDIT:

If you'd started this thread in the Chat section you'd be up to 7 posts by now

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

8. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again for breaking my post down in to sections!

As I have said over and over again. I only asked a civil question as to how I could get the block removed without posting 25 posts. Had the chap who deleted my post and then accussed me of spamming and double posting just been a little more considerate and approachable in the first instance we would not be here now. The reason I got a bit abrupt was because of how I was initially treated by the not so civil moderator! Which takes me back to your comment about the way people treat others in the first place. I would never speak to or accuse another person of wrongdoing until I had evidence of such.

I think I have proven by now that I am not a fly by scammer.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I believe if someone can prove they are not a computer just spamming forums then they should be allowed to sell a car on a forum.

Clearly we won't agree on this and clearly we could keep going with this debate.

Thanks for all your info and assistance in regards to this

Michael

0 0 0

9. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    seriously chuck, are you for real. 25 posts, thats all. after that you could advertise your car here without all this grumpiness. you are still here, you havn't been banned yet which does surprise me, so why not chill out, speak to some people, ask some questions and try again.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

10. Re: Not a duplicate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks again for breaking my post down in to sections!
    It is a very common thing to be done on forums as it helps to keep comments pertinent to certain elements of the post to which the response is aimed.

As I have said over and over again. I only asked a civil question as to how I could get the block removed without posting 25 posts.
    You did and I linked you to the rules & regulations, which clearly and concisely answer that very question.

Had the chap who deleted my post and then accussed me of spamming and double posting just been a little more considerate and approachable in the first instance we would not be here now. The reason I got a bit abrupt was because of how I was initially treated by the not so civil moderator! Which takes me back to your comment about the way people treat others in the first place. I would never speak to or accuse another person of wrongdoing until I had evidence of such
    I don't see how I was impolite or lacking civility, I closed the welcome thread and directed you to the rules & regulations which you would have read when you signed up in 2010. Given that they were amended in 2011, I considered it prudent to ask you to read them again.
    I apologise if that appeared impolite.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I believe if someone can prove they are not a computer just spamming forums then they should be allowed to sell a car on a forum.
    You're right - everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    The rules we're upholding have been in force since Feburuary 2011 and the objections to them have been very few so in the main, I think they're working just as they should. Exceptions aren't made to rules, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in having them.

Clearly we won't agree on this and clearly we could keep going with this debate.
    If you're asking for an exception to be made for you then no, we won't agree I'm afraid.

Thanks for all your info and assistance in regards to this
    Michael
    You're welcome - it's what we're here for.

If you decide to calm down, be a regular user and post helpful stuff we'll gladly authorise your advert.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast