1. 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm considering buying a new vw with oem tow bar and electrics. It apparently comes from the factory with only 10 poles connected supplying everything bar power to the caravan fridge.

So after a little digging I've looked online at a rough google text only translation of fitting instruction for the above kit.....

Please could anyone confirm that this kit connects into the oem/westfalia 13pin loom within the vehicle and I won't need to remove the bumper to access the wiring to the 13 pin socket?

I understand the other loose ends go to battery and fuse box.

If the dealer won't supply and fit i'll just order the kit from PF Jones and fit it myself.

Cheers....

0 0 0

2. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, yes i'm afraid you would need to poke the pins into the 13 pin socket instead of just plugging in inside the boot, it's never simple is it
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

3. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Ok thanks for clarifying that. I was kind of hoping it was prewired at the socket and the "extension" kit was exactly that!

the instruction I read online say....

Insert the 3-pin plug shell into the 13-pin Westphalia electrical system for trailer couplings (behind
    covering the trunk) and secure it in place

0 0 0

4. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I hate to admit this but i gave you the wrong info, i should have spoke to our in house expert the first time.
    You are correct and it does plug straight into an un-used plug in the boot.

Thanks.

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

5. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for coming back with this.......

In fact you were right regarding the missing pins/tubes in the 13 pin socket.

I have established from the VW current flow diagrams that the factory installation comes with a feed to pin 9 and one owner was able to tell me that here is no pin 10, 11 or 12 when looking into the socket, ie those positions are empty. Those positions are not shown on the current flow diagram either.

The brochure states the factory installation takes care of caravan battery charging but excludes fridge.
    What I'm now trying to find out is...

Is the factory installed wiring the same as the Wesfalia retrofit wiring having this unused 3 pin plug in the boot that accepts the extension kit?

Does the factory installed wiring have enough cores should I want to fit the missing pins into the socket? Or will I have to run additional wires?

Are any of your guys familiar with upgrading a factory install to enable caravan fridge power (pin 10) that can answer the above with certainty?

I now think the kit required for fridge power is 300 028 300 113, oddly named 'charging line kit', and not the part number in the thread title. The vehicle concerned is a new Touareg.

Unfortunate the supplying dealer has no knowledge of any this and insists it can't be done and can't be ordered from the factory with full functionality.

I really appreciate any further help you can give me.
    Last edited by c4a5er; 09-03-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: clarification

0 0 0

6. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, it's a minefield isn't it with lots of conflicting info, all i can say for sure is that when we sell a 13 pin Westfalia wiring kit we also send the charging line along with it included in the price (fully functional inc fridge) , here is the 2 part numbers:

Wiring kit - 321765300113
    Charging line - 300025300113

Here is the link to them on our Website, if you click on the blue box with a pic of a cog wheel in, then that will bring up the instructions if that's any more help to you.
    VW Touareg 13 Pin Dedicated Wiring Kit Jun 2010 on 321765300113

Thanks.

0 0 0

7. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Yes a minefield indeed........thanks for the links, the one for the wiring kit I had previously looked at. It's a shame there aren't any instructions online for the charging line that I can find. I could do with seeing if it includes provision for the fridge earth at pin 11. If I don't know what is included in the kit I don't know what I need to buy?

The charging line pn you posted is different to the one shown on the Westfalia website, theirs being 300 028 300 113?

The only certainty is that despite the cost of the factory additions I will have to dismantle the new car to get everything fitted and working at it should.

Thanks again......

0 0 0

8. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFJones View Post
    Hi, it's a minefield isn't it with lots of conflicting info, all i can say for sure is that when we sell a 13 pin Westfalia wiring kit we also send the charging line along with it included in the price (fully functional inc fridge) , here is the 2 part numbers:

Wiring kit - 321765300113
    Charging line - 300025300113

Here is the link to them on our Website, if you click on the blue box with a pic of a cog wheel in, then that will bring up the instructions if that's any more help to you.
    VW Touareg 13 Pin Dedicated Wiring Kit Jun 2010 on 321765300113

Thanks.
    I have just purchased the charge line kit 300025300113, which i was assured by my local Audi dealer was the right upgrade kit i needed. I have a 2012 A6 Avant. The vehicle is fitted with the factory swivel tow bar, and only 9 of the pins are connected.

is this the correct kit please? The instructions are not that helpful, as they show the kit being fitted to a Passat estate!

0 0 0

9. Re: 300 027 300 113 westfalia extension for permanent plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, yes the kit is suitable it's just that they are universal for nearly all Westfalia wiring kits so you only need to find good live and earth feeds. Yes you are correct that all the pins are never populated in the socket in a swivelling towbar so you would need to buy them from the dealers to push in. Kind regards

0 0 0