Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C172s View Post
    Agreed. In the Audi A4 Brochure the black edition does not come with tinted windows on the saloon, but it does on the Avant.

From the A4 brochure Black Edition Page ....

'Privacy glass – dark tinted from B pillar backwards (Avant models only)'

On the A4 BE Saloon the tinted windows are option VW1. That'll cost extra!

Of course S-lines can have a black styling package without opting for a full black edition.

So many options....
    Not even an option on the BE Saloon, VW1 for Avants only!

0 0 0

2. Cool Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by on_the_virge View Post
    i think it just adds that little bit of stealth to the car, which goes hand in hand with the black edition
    i agree. It's a different look. It's still understated quality , with added privacy.

I can't see the charm of it at all! Has it some function? Makes me think of drug dealers.

Mercedes, Jaguar, and BMW all do tinted windows as options. I'm biased of course as I think Audi do it best by creating the full package, ie, Black Styling Package with added tint if available , and the Black Edition. With Audi, they start from front to rear matching all external parts such as the front grill, seals, lines, and windows. as a recognisable package.

Audi beats the usual 'retrofit look' that the others employ giving the Audi a Classier edge as it's properly matched from the front to rear without conflicting lines/colours.

i have a black edition A6 and compared with the normal look, IMO the tinted windows give it almost coupe lines, making the car look like a different model.

Each to their own, but far removed from the Drug Dealer Look.

Not even an option on the BE Saloon, VW1 for Avants only!
    missed that but yes,
    VW1 for the avant only.
    Last edited by C172s; 02-03-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    2004 (X Reg) Audi A3 1.6 Silver, 2006 (54 Plate) Audi A4 TDi 130 Sport B6 Brilliant Red,
    2009 ( 09 Plate) Audi A3 1.9TDie Sportback Black,
    2010 (60 Plate) Audi A4 S Line 2.0 TDi B8 Ibis White
    2013 (63 Plate) Audi A6 Black Edition Multitronic Phantom Black C7..Sadly missed
    2014 (11 Plate) Audi A4 Black Edition B8 Ibis White, again .....

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand why it wouldn't be an option given that all high end manufacturers all tint the back windows as standard. In my opinion this is pretty poor for audi especially when you are talking about a high end spec like the black....

I wonder if audi can get it done or wether it is worth just getting it done with a reputable after market supplier?

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £300 from audi for them to tint the windows, reckon it will be cheaper getting them done else where....

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Most tint windows places will do the rear 5 windows, thats 2 rear doors, 2 rear quarters and the 1 back rear window for about £100. Had mine done on a Audi A6 saloon for £90. I personally prefer the tints. Makes the car alot cooler and less glare during summer months. If I have something on the back seat, I don't have to worry about putting it in the boot if I'm just running into the shops. Most top end cars now have rear tints..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know Audi dont offer privacy glass as an option on saloons so you have to use aftermarket film tints if you want the dark look.
    If its a Avant and your getting it from new I would always try and spec it with pricacy glass if you want dark glass as its much better looking than any aftermarket flim tints.
    Yes privavcy glass is more expensive than aftermarket tint film but it looks much better with no white lines around the edge and u cant seen the heater lines in the back window, also no risk of damage it as its actual dark glass whereas tints can be scratched.

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 Black Edition Window Tints 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can the tint on the factory black edition glass be removed? Don't like it really. Is it a film or is the glass itself coloured?

Thanks!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12