Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there! I am new to the forum.

I very recently bought a 2009 A6 C6 2.0 TDIe, which has just had a catastrophic puncture of the rear offside tyre from a large spike of metal. The incident damaged three wheels... irreparably buckling the rear offside as the tyre let go and leaving substantial kerbing to the front and rear nearside wheels as I struggled to deal with the total loss of control at 60mph.

I have just bought some more wheels which have been properly refurbished (part no. 8K0601025B) because the cost of one new 245 45 18 tyre, one new 18 inch RIVA wheel and refurbishing the two nearside wheels would have brought me near to the cost of buying some refurbished wheels and 4 new tyres. The new wheels are 17 inch rims and should fit the car without the need for spacers because I believe that they were specified as original equipment. PCD is 5 x 112 and ET45.

Being new to Audi, I am not sure how to find the part number for the centre caps which are star shaped. I have managed to find several part numbers which relate to the star shaped centre cap and I would appreciate any help with finding the correct part. The three part numbers which I have found are listed below but it is possible that there are more and these are wrong.

Part No. 8R0601165
    Part No. 4F0601165
    Part No. 8X0601165

Edit: just found another:Part No. 4L0601165D
    Last edited by aub; 17-02-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: more information added

0 0 0

2. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Welcome

Used throughout the range - 4x Audi Alloy Wheel Centre Caps 5 Star A4 S4 A6 A5 S5 S6 Q5 TT | eBay

You'll need spigot rings as the B8 centre bore is larger than your C6 one.

1 1 0

3. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the information. What a rapid response too.
    I had wondered if the different part numbers referred to different sized wheels or different finishes. Is there a book of Audi part numbers that can be related to other Audi items?

0 0 0

4. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Yes but VW have strict copyright rules on it and the illegal public version can't be discussed as per their request.

I edited my post above, you'll need spigot rings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 1 0

5. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I understand. Of course, I had no idea that there was an illegal version but I know what copyright implies. I did not think spigot rings were required because as far as I can tell, the new wheel PCD and ET are the same as the original equipment when the car was new.

One off topic comment I have is the crazy decision that makes changing a dipped headlight bulb (H7) a process which needs dealer input. I don't understand how vorsprung durch technik means we must prevent the driver from changing an H7 light bulb... which is still a consumable item. What do Audi A6 owners in France do if they have a simple H7 light bulb failure?

0 0 0

6. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post

I edited my post above, you'll need spigot rings too.
    Thanks for your assistance.

I checked with the local Audi dealer parts section and they were unable to tell me whether the 8K0601025B wheels would fit the A6. They were also uncertain about whether a change had been made and they suggested that the wheels may have then fitted more than one model of car. They said that the wheels I had bought were from an A4. They did indicate that the star shaped centre caps had different part numbers to indicate which car they were from... so the prefix 4FO referred to the A6. Anyway, to make a long story short the wheels fitted perfectly without the need for spigots and the centre caps fitted beautifully.

The 5mm of extra tyre depth (225 50 17) have given me an additional element of suspension so the ride feels better when going over potholes. I am using Avon ZZ3 tyres which seem to be grippy in the wet and quiet in terms of road noise.

0 0 0

7. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    If they went on without spigots then they must've came off a 8P A3 or another A6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

8. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    If they went on without spigots then they must've came off a 8P A3 or another A6.
    Dunno but I am happy to have the job done now.

0 0 0

9. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The plot thickens. I was driving on a motorway today and had a low frequency vibration through the steering wheel at around 50mph but it was a little more noticeable at 70mph. Quite a subtle sensation but there nevertheless. The eBay advert had said suitable for a 2009 A6 2.0TDI but I notice now that the CB diameter was 66.6. The information that I have got shows that the A6 all the way through the range has a CB of 57.1 leaving me 9.5 adrift of accurate. The dealer is going to supply some hub centric spacers equivalent to 9.5 and I will see if the car works well with that combination. Failing that... they can have the wheels back.

The wheels were attached , even though they did not fit accurately because the technician thought that the five wheel bolts would hold the wheel in place.

0 0 0

10. Re: Need a part number for centre caps for Audi wheels part no. 8K0601025B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You don't need spacers, you need spigot rings like I said all along

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast