Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Sorting through the niggles - a small list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Sorting through the niggles - a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As I posted recently I have just bough another A6, I will post some pics when it is clean and dry long enough to do so.
    I am now sorting some of the niggles and need some help please.

The rear seat seems loose on one side which ties in with a random noise I am getting occasionally when going over bumps.
    I can't see how the seat is held in place and how to re-attach it.

The speedo dial "glass" it looks like the coating on the plastic is coming off in one corner, can this be re-coated?

The centre console is in poor cosmetic condition, looks like someone tried to clean it with a brillo pad! Preston Audi want 100 quid plus for a replacement. Any one know where I could get this refinished. Looking in my home area of Chorley/Preston area or Wrexham where I work.

Oh and BTW the glove box rattles in this one too but I have learned to live with that as I never figured it out in the previous car.

It didn't rattle when I got the new car but now I have had the pollen filters done it is rattling over bumps...GRRR!
    A6 2007 2.0 TDI Saloon
    A4 2002 1.9 TDI Avant

0 0 0

2. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The rattle can be cured with some felt tape there is a genuine part from audi and VW and think it's only about £ 4-5 per strip. It's good for interior rattles or squeaks.

1 0 0

3. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santiago View Post
    The rear seat seems loose on one side which ties in with a random noise I am getting occasionally when going over bumps.
    I can't see how the seat is held in place and how to re-attach it.
    What do you have issue with the lower bench cushion or upright back section?

0 0 0

4. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Avant B5CJ
    Thanks for the tip. I did try tape on the previous car. I put it around the small detachable panel underneath at the rear but that didn't solve it.
    I have taken this panel out of this car and the rattle is still there. I think the rattle may coming from the CD players. I will persevere

@Gupsterg
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, it is the lower bench near side.
    A6 2007 2.0 TDI Saloon
    A4 2002 1.9 TDI Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The lower bench seat has some straight clips at front edge, one either side (red dot on image) you pull upwards the bench cushion to disengage. Then there is some wire loops which hook into metals hooks (yellow dot) you push the bench cushion from front towards the boot for them to disengage.

I had some of this armflex tape lying around my garage from an air con job and used it to sort some rattle issues. It has a nice spongy top layer with great sticking backing.

The fabric tape as highlighted by AvantB5CJ has also been handy in places. There are also some VAG thick felt pads etc available at mo kind find file/info for googling

1 0 0

6. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    For the centre console - do you mean the entire console or screen? If screen, mine is the same and quite marked but I'm about to sort it out with a few bits I bought for lcd screens. Not got the name to hand but it's in my boot and can grab the name if required
    Also got a screen protector to stick on once I remove whats left of the original protection over the screen

0 0 0

7. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Gupsterg, thanks for the picture and instructions, I will give that a go at the weekend.

I will have a go with the felt tape and the glovebox when the the weather is better. When I have the glove box out I will check the fit of the pollen filters too.

Akash, I mean the centre console where the gear lever is

Chorley-20140204-00025.jpg

On the speedo, over the fuel gauge the coating is damaged

Chorley-20140209-00030.jpg
    A6 2007 2.0 TDI Saloon
    A4 2002 1.9 TDI Avant

0 0 0

8. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Chris, that is what I want to do. I am struggling to find someone locally who will either do it or do it for a reasonable price.

I have edited the post now, I had a bit of a learning curve with attaching the images. Now I know what to do I will post some pics of the car as I originally intended!
    A6 2007 2.0 TDI Saloon
    A4 2002 1.9 TDI Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: Sorting through the niggles, a small list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    The lower bench seat has some straight clips at front edge, one either side (red dot on image) you pull upwards the bench cushion to disengage. Then there is some wire loops which hook into metals hooks (yellow dot) you push the bench cushion from front towards the boot for them to disengage.

I had some of this armflex tape lying around my garage from an air con job and used it to sort some rattle issues. It has a nice spongy top layer with great sticking backing.

The fabric tape as highlighted by AvantB5CJ has also been handy in places. There are also some VAG thick felt pads etc available at mo kind find file/info for googling
    Gup - thanks for this, it could well be the source of squeaking I have in the rear of my car.

I've just tried to remove my bench by pulling sharply on the front edge. One side came out cleanly, the other side was reluctant and only seemed to come a little loose (but not completely removed) after some worrying sounding clicks. Can I safely exert more pressure to pull it out or is there something to damage in there?

Cheers.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast