1. blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if any one can help I've just bought a 1600 passat blue motion estate 2010 it's done 80 k and has full history drives great no smoke but mpg is rubbish im averaging 27 round town and only 42 on a run at steady 70. I can't get anything like gas milage they say you can achieve. My last car was a skoda superb 2 1.9 tdi and that would a average 35 town and 56 on a run. Really don't understand this any ideas please. Had it checked no fault codes anywhere

0 0 0

2. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am having the same Car 1.6 TDI Bluemotion TDI Estate. I am getting around 30 -35 in town and 60 MPG driving on A roads to work.

I have to say that is possible only if the Temperature raises above 7 Degree. I initially had the same problem with the MPG but after a Full Service the Issue got better.

How long have you had your car for?

0 0 0

3. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    vespa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsgate View Post
    I wonder if any one can help I've just bought a 1600 passat blue motion estate 2010 it's done 80 k and has full history drives great no smoke but mpg is rubbish im averaging 27 round town and only 42 on a run at steady 70. I can't get anything like gas milage they say you can achieve. My last car was a skoda superb 2 1.9 tdi and that would a average 35 town and 56 on a run. Really don't understand this any ideas please. Had it checked no fault codes anywhere
    I always find these poor mpg figures strange. I have a 2.0ltr TDi 140 and get, with engine hot, around 38 mpg in town and have had (@60-65mph) 69.7 mpg. I use Millers at double strength and have done from new. I have today only just covered 16000 miles from new so that may be why. I assume that the car you have has the correct oil and that the brakes are coming off properly, especially the rear with EPB.

0 0 0

4. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car has just been serviced with fully synthetic long life oil I've only had it a couple of weeks breaks are fine and it's got a new set of pirelli green tyres . Never smokes and runs great I've also just changed air filter as was a little dirty but not terrible

0 0 0

5. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    vespa Guest
    I would suggest a bottle of injector cleaner through it as that will cost less than a tenner and just "may" help. Some of the more technical on here may have other ideas and more experience than me on diesel engines. Use STP or Wynns or Millers NOT Redex as I find in useless in petrol engines.

0 0 0

6. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The only thing to do is to take a series of engine logs with vcds or similar. Coolant temp sensor may be faulty but without logs, you will be guessing.

0 0 0

7. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't mind could you tell me How much you paid for the car.

I have the same 2010 1.6 tdi estate and has done 75 K. when I checked the value of my car in webuyany car, I was shocked to see the Price.

0 0 0

8. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    vespa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by New_2012 View Post
    If you don't mind could you tell me How much you paid for the car.

I have the same 2010 1.6 tdi estate and has done 75 K. when I checked the value of my car in webuyany car, I was shocked to see the Price.
    Don't forget that that company deal in cars for sale and profit looking for those hard up for cash. So they will offer your probably half it's worth. Also remember that the "it holds it's price because it's a VW" means absolutely nothing. Now is not the time to sell as dealers are going to have a glut of secondhand cars in 2 weeks when the new <REMOVED> plates come in.
    Last edited by Eshrules; 16-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I gave £6800 for the car

0 0 0

10. Re: blue motion rubbish mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    That does seem low, I'm hoping you can get it up to reasonable levels, I'm looking at the same car right now too.
    My old PD130 golf gets 35 in town and 55 on a run, I was hoping to get better out of a newer and smaller engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast