1. Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sure I've seen this before, but the search refuses to work on my phone. Had a call today to say that my almost 12 month old A6 has an update for the power steering. Right I said, is this the one that makes it worse, of course she didn't know.

Now to me, the as delivered car is fine, I use comfort most of the time, but if I want to push on a bit, stick it in dynamic. So if I get the update, UK based, is it going to ruin what I have, I. E. Overly assist absolutely everything?

I'm guessing there is no way back either.

So should I rush to the dealer, or should I wait best part of another 12 months before it gets done at the service?

Cheers.

Gary

0 0 0

2. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess you could say "if it aint broke, then don't fix it" as long as that is, its not going to break.

From what I have read though, I would wait.

0 0 0

3. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    I guess you could say "if it aint broke, then don't fix it" as long as that is, its not going to break.

From what I have read though, I would wait.

My car had this done at the last service and it feels no different.

0 0 0

4. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Look at the thread Steering Control Unit Recall, there is lot of discussion how it changes. Propably you are the only one in the forum who can use comfort, because after SW update it is so light, as well as 'auto' that only dynamic is usable.

As Negroscope said, don't do it if you are satisfied. Or ask dealer to let another car with update to be test driven.

0 0 0

5. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's what I am worried about, the change making everything too light. I'm happy at the moment, don't want anything too over assisted as it takes away the feedback.

Thanks for the views, I'm going to hold off as long as possible.

0 0 0

6. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my A6 updated on Friday and on the drive home the steering felt 'heavier' which for me was an improvement.

0 0 0

7. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My steering software was done a couple of weeks ago on its first service and I was expecting a nightmare but it feels just the same to me

0 0 0

8. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Car was in the garage for 3 days in total to fix the Sat Nav, traced to the receiver as suspected, but Audi procedures dictate starting from the MMI when diagnosing the issue. They fixed that anyway.

Also performed the update on the steering, massive difference now. I feel that the dynamic setting is now lighter than the comfort setting was before, and find in the slightest movement of the wheel easy to manage, basically I don't like it. I like to have to turn the wheel to direct the car, not look at it. When the service guy said it had been done I told him I wasn't happy, and he agreed many weren't, but I wasn't willing to have warranty issues with the steering should I refuse to have it done.

I specifically requested that the car wasn't washed, but it was, half wits. I only asked for it to be hoovered internally, they did that in the front footwells, I opened the boot and the needles from the Christmas tree are still all there.

Hopefully I'll get a follow up call and I can voice my opinions, out with the DA myself and rid the car of those dreadful swirl marks again, certainly wouldn't trust the garage to sort it.

Cheers.

PS Did get a free gift from the merchandise cupboard though :-)

0 0 0

9. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    just had mine back from audi and the update has ruined the car.
    steering is ridiculously light even in dynamic. called them back and they said no way to revert it. they said if i chose not to update it the warranty would be void on the steering.
    not happy, the tech guy says a few customers have complained and he's taking the complaints back to audi. doubt it will get anywhere...

0 0 0

10. Re: Software update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looking at going direct to Audi UK with it, I guess the more that do the more chance of something being done, probably still close to 0% chance but worth a go.

At least my sat nav still works, and I still have a warranty on the steering system.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast