1. Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an A2 with Full Audi Service history it has been in many times and is on its 6th AVS service. However it has never had an air filter replaced. Answers from Audi Dealers I have contacted range from the Germans tell us we don't need to change them, to it hasn't got an air filter! Audi UK tell me they are not responsible for specifying the requirements for servicing the cars. I am very annoyed about this as they see fit to change the pollen filter ever time it is serviced. Am I going mad is this really an issue?

-Craig

0 0 0

2. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    What miles are on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    mjhamilton Guest
    My A2 had the filter changed during service intervals - I seem to recall it was every other one though - it was a big old cylinder shaped module

0 0 0

4. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. My A2 has 117k and I have invoices going back for at least 3 avs no charges made for air filter. It is the responses I have had From dealers which worry me the most. I think when it gives up raining I may have to see if there is a date printed on it. I have noticed that some audi air filters have replacement intervals of 50 or 60,000 miles. Could someone have a look at their service book and see if the book takes a similar approach (mine was replaced with a generic book with no intervals in).

-Craig

0 0 0

5. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    many modern cars have extended service intervals for everything. oil used to be every 3,000 miles . now its every 10,000 or even 20 000 or more. its silly. an air filter should be changed when its dirty whether the service schedule says so or not. maybe its been checked each time and deemed clean enough for re use. maybe you could take it to a small garage and get them to replace the airfilter for you so you know its been done and don't have to worry about it.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

6. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I change my air filter every year they cost very little even if you buy genuine parts. Plus you will gain in extra mpg and better performance for letting the car breath properly.
    Unauthorised commercial link removed as per forum rules

0 0 0

7. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am a fairly competent DIYer si I will open it up if it ever stops raining. I am just creating because of audi approach/service schedule they have told me that the AUA engine does not have a service requirement but the BBY filter is changed at 40K miles. This surprises them initially but it looks more like a mistake on their computer systems.

Does any one have a copy of the service pages from the service booklet as I have not got any info as I have a replaced book as I said above and I know from previous audi that this should be listed.

Thanks

-Craig

0 0 0

8. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by size12 View Post
    I change my air filter every year they cost very little even if you buy genuine parts. Plus you will gain in extra mpg and better performance for letting the car breath properly.

As above really for me too!

I'm sure that it specifies around 40k for air filter change on mine, but as stated its changed by me every year regardless, cheap insurance really

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

9. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    +1, mine gets done at every service (12500 miles) too. The Indy I use just seems to do it.

I know because I've had to f**k around with headlight, DRL and sidelight bulbs so often that I know the airbox intimately and the filter is invariably clean and fresh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Air filter not changed by dealer...ever 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    It's a straight forward part to replace on the A2. Genuine part isn't expensive, and I do it every year along with an oil and filter change. Drop the engine under tray (numerous stainless steel Torx screws), plus a couple of plastic securing bolts inside wheel arch, then undo 10mm nut to the Webasto heater vent tube. With that out of the way you can see the cylindrical housing tucked under the front bumper (driver's side). The air filter housing end is held in place with three Philips 10mm hex screws. Undo, then pull the air filter out. Guaranteed to be dirty!
    2016 BMW i3 REx (25k)
    2012 A4 Allroad Quattro 2.0 TDI (55k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (166k) sold
    2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Sport, (173k), sold
    1995 B4 80 1.9 TDI Avant SE, (175k), sold

0 0 0