Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks

Does anyone know how wide this wheels are? I'm due tyres and was thinking of replacing with the 225/50 tyres with 235/40, but think that those wheels would need to be at least 7.5 wide?

Thoughts?

Thanks uploadfromtaptalk1391605049826.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Is the wheel size not on the tyre pressure sticker inside of the drivers door.

bloody smart phones....
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

3. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good thinking batman! Will check when I'm back home, if they are 7.5 you think they are wide enough for 235's? I know the monte carlo alloys on the b6 sport passat have 235's not sure how wide those wheels are though

0 0 0

4. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    No Idea sorry.

bloody smart phones....
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

5. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Checked the sticker on the door as suggested but it doesn't spec how wide the wheels are just gives different tyres/wheel combinations and their respective pressures, does anyone know the official name of that wheel? Might see if dealer can tell me, interestingly I decoded the sticker in the boot and seen that my car actually came with "18 alloys 235/40, so previous owner swapped them out

0 0 0

6. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have the part number?

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

7. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I expect your local tyre fitter will know what's best for your size wheel...

You're only adding 10mm to the tyre width (5mm each side obviously) so I don't think it will cause a problem. The side wall will also increase slightly but only by a small amount and I doubt it would be enough to throw the speedo out.
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension (Optional), Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), spacers (10mm f, 15mm r), needle sweep, dipping mirror on reverse and badge delete. To come: LED rear lights, lows and rear window tint.

0 0 0

8. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By dropping to a 40 section tyre the overall diameter of the wheel/tyre combination will reduce, this will have an adverse effect on your speedo reading. Use the link to see the difference.
    Tire Size Calculator - Compare Two Sizes

0 0 0

9. Re: "17 b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oops I missed that you were planning to reduce the profile - Soot1e is absolutely right, you need to keep the same rolling radius!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension (Optional), Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), spacers (10mm f, 15mm r), needle sweep, dipping mirror on reverse and badge delete. To come: LED rear lights, lows and rear window tint.

0 0 0

10. Re: 17" b8 alloy wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info guys, that's a handy site, and suggests that if my car came with 235/40/18 alloys originally according to its options sticker, then on its current wheels 225/50/17 the speedo is actually reading 2% faster as it is! Convincing enough argument for a set of new wheels!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast