Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
  1. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I got min activated by visiting the website and using "live Chat"

I explained that my car would not receive the registration link

so they sent it to an email address instead and followed it from there.

1 2 0

2. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Good advice Maz! I did the same this afternoon. Tho I am still struggling to get the nav system to recognise the sim. See some screen shots if the settings. Should it recognise it automatically.. or do I need to change anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

3. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

4. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gav28uk View Post
    I've been using this for the past 3 years, hasn't cost me a penny Order your Mobile Broadband SIM | Three. A free SIM from Three, you get 200mb of data and that has sorted my needs if/when I needed to use the onboard satnav. My use is even less now as I now use Apple Car Play with the iPhone.

I guess it depends whether 200mb of data per month is sufficient for you or not?
    Thanks I just ordered one, as my Three 24 month data sim is bout to expire soon.
    Do you have to activate something to get the free 200mb a month or does it come set up?

Cheers

0 0 0

5. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Not familiar with your car but are you sure its not still looking at the phone for its data sourse.
    is there a setting to use the separate sim?
    Or try disconnecting your Bluetooth phone ten insert sim.

0 0 0

6. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    Thanks I just ordered one, as my Three 24 month data sim is bout to expire soon.
    Do you have to activate something to get the free 200mb a month or does it come set up?
    I think I had to enable it first from a mobile, then simply put the sim into the sim slot in the car and it worked. The 200mb just automatically refreshes each month. It certainly wasn’t difficult or have loads of hoops to jump through. IHTH

Gavin
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

1 1 0

7. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    You need to get the data reward setup and activated. Need an email address allocated to it that they can send an activation code to: either that or contact them direct via their online support chat facility. They send a link that you can then logon and update the password and that should be you setup/ready to go: install sim in car and you should be working.

However I’ve done all this and sim is still not getting recognised. Maz: thanks for info. There is a setting for a bonded mobile phone to provide calls only via Bluetooth: I’m sure that is set: I will check. There are separate setup screens for the data connection in the mmi telephone menu area. These are the photo’s I included previously. Did your registered sim work automatically? Are your data connection settings different to mine? (A lot of questions I know...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Is anyone still successfully using a Three Network data reward sim? I had problems with mine but thought I had eventually got it setup. Turns out it has now been cut off/ cancelled as it was not getting used. So I am now back in the market for a data sim. Should I try the data reward sim again… or another best alternative?

0 0 0

9. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I was using an ordinary 3 SIM and using PAYG, it needed topping up so infrequently that it worked out pretty cheap. I hadn't heard of the data reward SIM but they seem to be still available so I just ordered one - thanks for the tip!
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

10. Re: Best Value Data Sims for Internet Access: Ideas anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    No worries on the data reward. Mine took a bit of setting up; then I seemed to have issues keeping it alive/active. (Eventually got it setup using the Three online chat support channel) The concept here being that the free 200mb a month, which tho not carrying over every month, would be enough for keeping google maps updated and even do the odd online internet search. Being honest I never got to point that this setup was working as planned.

However… I think I will order another and have another go. I think there are others on here who have successfully got this setup.

0 0 0

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast