1. Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi all! I need help with this. Radio controlled clock isnt functioning as he should. I've enabled this in MMI but theres no radio antena icon on DIS near clock and nothing happens. I left it on for a few days but nothing. How to check is there somewhere a radio clock module? Where is its location on the car? Is it like on b6 under rear bumper? It's a little bit strange if I have that function on MMI but no signal. Just for information my country (Croatia) is covered good with radio clock signal from Frankfurt in Germany. I had this on my ex car b6 and was working fine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

0 0 0

2. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The clock antenna is fitted behind the rear bumper; on the left hand mount. You have to have the antenna (under bumper), module (on back of instrument cluster) and enabled in 17-Instruments for it to work.
    MY2009 A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Convenience Key, Sunroof, Adaptive Lights, Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors, Rear Sun Blind, Heated Full Leather with Memory, Storage/Light Packs, Audi Hold Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking System Advanced, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS. MMI 2G with B&O Sound System, DAB Radio, DVB TV, AMI and Bluetooth Phone prep High with Privacy Handset.

1 1 0

3. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    The clock antenna is fitted behind the rear bumper; on the left hand mount. You have to have the antenna (under bumper), module (on back of instrument cluster) and enabled in 17-Instruments for it to work.
    So its about rear bumper? I dismantled instrument cluster but found nothing there, no additional plug-in just the main cable.

0 0 0

4. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, older Audis had a separate module pinned to the back of the cluster.

The antenna/module is behind the rear bumper cover on the left hand side. It is attached to the support bar - rather than the cover itself. It has a three pin connector and is wired directly to the dash on the 32-pin connector. There is an adaptation value in 17-instruments to say how often it updates; the value being zero if not fitted. I don't know if there is a bit to set in long-coding.

If you want to retrofit, you will need the following:

• 4B0 919 145 B - Receiver for radio-controlled clock
    • N 104 128 04 - bolt (x2)
    • 8K0 973 703 - plug coupler

You will also need a set of repair wires with the correct pins for the above plug coupler and the dash plug coupler (1J0 972 977 G).

• Pin 1 to dash pin 24
    • Pin 2 to ground
    • Pin 3 to dash pin 23

Let me know how you get on - as I might have a go myself.
    MY2009 A4 Saloon 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Convenience Key, Sunroof, Adaptive Lights, Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors, Rear Sun Blind, Heated Full Leather with Memory, Storage/Light Packs, Audi Hold Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking System Advanced, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS. MMI 2G with B&O Sound System, DAB Radio, DVB TV, AMI and Bluetooth Phone prep High with Privacy Handset.

1 1 0

5. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    Sorry, older Audis had a separate module pinned to the back of the cluster.

The antenna/module is behind the rear bumper cover on the left hand side. It is attached to the support bar - rather than the cover itself. It has a three pin connector and is wired directly to the dash on the 32-pin connector. There is an adaptation value in 17-instruments to say how often it updates; the value being zero if not fitted. I don't know if there is a bit to set in long-coding.

If you want to retrofit, you will need the following:

• 4B0 919 145 B - Receiver for radio-controlled clock
    • N 104 128 04 - bolt (x2)
    • 8K0 973 703 - plug coupler

You will also need a set of repair wires with the correct pins for the above plug coupler and the dash plug coupler (1J0 972 977 G).

• Pin 1 to dash pin 24
    • Pin 2 to ground
    • Pin 3 to dash pin 23

Let me know how you get on - as I might have a go myself.
    Ok, thats quite usefull information. Can I find out over VCDS if my rear bumper module is malfunctioning just to avoid bumper dismantle? If the VCDS shows an error then I'll go for replacement. Thanks!

0 0 0

6. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Could you not just adjust it manually?

0 1 0

7. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yes I can set it over MMI in "Time" settings> radio clock but no antena icon on DIS even if I left it running for a month. I bought my car in Frankfurt, Germany where is the base of Atomic Clock signal and set the radio clock on right there. I drove to Croatia and nothing appeard on DIS.

0 0 0

8. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Situation update.: few days ago I went to my friends who has original Audi VAS and he tried to activate antena module by starting a sync but no luck. Antenna icon didnt appear on DIS. He checked is module faulty maybe but all is ok.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Update II
    Few days ago I tryed to off /on the remote clock with VCDS but again nothing happened. It is always turned on in MMI but icon didnt appeared. If theres a fault on antenna module should I see it in VCDS module fault reader?

0 0 0

10. Re: Radio controlled clock module on B8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Recently I was looking into this concerning a thread on another forum and radio clock for the Audi A6 4F/C6.

If you view measuring block 2 data window 2 in module 17 :-

test off if no radio clock coded into module 17.

n.OK malfunction in receiver or if radio clock coded in but receiver not fitted.

OK receiver working.

When I coded in radio clock into my A6 4F/C6 when it does not have a receiver for one there were no DTC's in module 17 or autoscan log, only MVB 2 data window 2 in module 17 showed Receiver N.OK.

Have you visually checked you have receiver?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast