1. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi guys. I'm a new A7 owner and would love to get a bit of help activating some of these features if anyone has a bit of spare time. I don't have VCDS so if anyone in the Maidenhead / High Wycombe / Slough area can help I'd really appreciate it!

0 0 0

2. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I'm in Harrow and happy to help, may not be the closest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks Jay, much appreciated. I'll drop you a message to exchange details. ...not being close just means I get to drive my new (new to me) car!
    A7 S-Line BiTurbo | Daytona Grey | 313

0 0 0

4. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever try to change around on the ride height on the level control settings?

0 0 0

5. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you’re asking about lowering then I can share my experience.
    First thing to note (and confuse), all wheels measured 388mm from centre to wheel arch, however the values in VCDS were all different and ranged from 401.8 down to around 385.
    I then set them all at 400, but that left the wheel centre to arch all over the place!
    Then added my required drop level to all the original number (ie, the recommended max drop is 17mm, so the original high one became 418.8.
    However the adaptation numbers would not be accepted, and the highest number (most dropped position) was 426. So in order for all corners to have the same drop I needed to add 14.2 to the other corners.
    After doing this I remeasured the corners and they were around 374, with a mm or so different.
    My OCD wants to get them all the same so will need to do some fine tuning.

0 0 0

6. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi just bought an Audi A7 Quattro diesel and there is white smoke coming from the front wheels when I take a hard corner .

Any ideas I have no clue
    Last edited by Jonrussell; 08-10-2018 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Add more info

0 0 0

7. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxpal View Post
    Some more questions:

1. Is it possible to auto-unfold mirrors when car is unlocked? By default, mirrors unfold only when ignition is on, which I don't like. Most of other cars I had unfold mirrors right when car is unlocked, so you can easily see if car is locked (mirrors folded) or unlocked (mirrors unfolded) being away from the car.

2. Did someone try to increase the sound of actuator on BiTDI and can share results? I found on German site that it can be done using VCDS, so would love to hear someone's experience.

3. How can I auto-enable parking system (sensors + cameras) when vehicle drives at low speeds? If I put Reverse gear, and then drive forward, everything is fine - camera automatically switches from rear to front. But if I drive at high speed and then I need to park car at low speed (without reversing), parking sensors + front camera don't automatically start working when speed drops, which is annoying. In other words, I'd like the opposite function of cameras auto-off. Beside cameras getting turned off when vehicle reaches speed X, I'd like cameras (or at least damn front parking sensors) to auto-on when speed drops below X. Hope you get the idea.

4. Does the car has "rain-closing" function like VW Passat? I mean, old Passat has option in menu which automatically closes all windows/sunroof when car sits in parking and rain is detected. Can't find such in A7.
    Hi Any solutions for numbers 1, 3 and 4?

0 0 0

8. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi - does anyone know what the maximum temperature setting can be for the heated steering wheel m on an Audi A7 2012? Have it set to 32c but could do with being higher but dont want to burn it out! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jeder; 25-02-2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Missed some key words out

0 0 0

9. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I don't think, that you can burn it out with the factory settings. However it's possible that the higher temperature will shorten the lifecycle of the heating element, but also IMHO, it does not depend on the temperature but on the total usage time.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

10. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for responding. Makes sense

0 0 0