1. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input. If I understand right, you mean that surround cameras will be pretty useless after this change, as they will only work when car is completely stopped? If so, then don't waste your time on this, since the functionality of surround cameras + annoying rear view when car moves is better than no functionality of surround cameras + no annoying rear view when car moves

However, if there's some way to disable only backup camera view in main screen right after gear is no longer in R position, that would be great.

0 0 0

2. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Sort of, basically if you change the speed the cameras deactivate - all cameras will be set to that speed so will all deactivate and loose the functionality. I’ve not found a way to change just one cameras speed activation setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks. Coming from Lexus, I thought Audi could also work the same way - deactivating rear camera depending on gear, not just speed. Oh well, I can live with that.

0 0 0

4. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Afraid not mate. Mine switch off at 7mph so you could lower yours if needed.

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    A silly idea:

What happens if you change this value to 1 MPH (or even 0 MPH)? Maybe the gearbox reverse selection will override this value (like it turns on autmatically if you select reverse) so maybe it will not turn off if you drive backwards faster then the selected value, but after you stop, and starts to drive FW, then it will turn off the rear cam immediately.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    The camera system and park assist light would go off at 1mph I imagine. At 0mph I assume it would switch off as soon as you start to move - not tried though so can’t confirm

0 0 0

7. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Alright, will test it in a real-life environment for a week or two, until I decide at which speed cameras should go off.

0 0 0

8. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Some more questions:

1. Is it possible to auto-unfold mirrors when car is unlocked? By default, mirrors unfold only when ignition is on, which I don't like. Most of other cars I had unfold mirrors right when car is unlocked, so you can easily see if car is locked (mirrors folded) or unlocked (mirrors unfolded) being away from the car.

2. Did someone try to increase the sound of actuator on BiTDI and can share results? I found on German site that it can be done using VCDS, so would love to hear someone's experience.

3. How can I auto-enable parking system (sensors + cameras) when vehicle drives at low speeds? If I put Reverse gear, and then drive forward, everything is fine - camera automatically switches from rear to front. But if I drive at high speed and then I need to park car at low speed (without reversing), parking sensors + front camera don't automatically start working when speed drops, which is annoying. In other words, I'd like the opposite function of cameras auto-off. Beside cameras getting turned off when vehicle reaches speed X, I'd like cameras (or at least damn front parking sensors) to auto-on when speed drops below X. Hope you get the idea.

4. Does the car has "rain-closing" function like VW Passat? I mean, old Passat has option in menu which automatically closes all windows/sunroof when car sits in parking and rain is detected. Can't find such in A7.
    Last edited by toxpal; 04-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you find any of this out?

0 0 0

10. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxpal View Post
    Will be getting my A7 next week, and during test drive I noticed some stuff that drives me crazy. The first is Start/Stop system (thankfully, this topic has info on how to disable it) and second is backup camera. Is it possible to make it work like in other cars? In short, I want screen to switch off backup camera the same moment I move gear from R to any other position. The screen still displays view from rear camera even in D (until about 25-30 km/h speed is reached) now, and I hate it badly... The car comes with surround (360) cameras if that makes any difference.
    I know it's been a long time.. but did you get sorted?

0 0 0

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast