1. VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Well the A6 forum has a tips and tricks page for VCDS - Now we do too!

Obviously a lot of these have come from various forums around the internet as well as members on here and me just playing around. I have done all of the following on my A7 (or at least tried it and put it back). So here we go....

Change the Adaptive Cruise Control Preset distance
    Go to module 13 (distance regulation), then adaptation, Channel 7 and change from 0 to 1. Reboot your MMI and you will then have an option in your MMI under Car, driver assistance and Adaptive Cruise Control to set which of the 4 distances your car will default to when you activate your ACC.

Change the speed the High Beam Assist works from / to
    Go to module 20 (High Beam Assist), select adaptation, then using the drop down menu select "High beam speed threshold", change the speed it will activate to a speed of your choice. It is in KMPH and is about 60kmph as standard. Ive dropped mine to about 25 and now works much better on twisty country lanes.

Close your boot remotely using your key fob (and retain the opening feature)
    Go to Module 46 (cent convenience), coding, long coding helper and ensure byte two, bit two is ticked it says "Comfort operation: Remote control active". Then got to module 6D (Trunk Electrics), security access and enter security code "12345". Then still in Module 6D, click adaptation, channel and there are 4 options in there (among others) called "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key - Touch function for closing". Select all four of those options, one at a time, and change the value to ACTIVE and press do it. Thats it. You still open your boot as normal - press and hold the middle button on the fob, but to close it, you can now just click the button on the remote (not a press and hold) and the boot will close and beep to warn you. Love this mod!

Activate the hidden menu
    Go to module 5F (Information Electrics), Adaptation, Channel 6 and change from 0 to 1. Save and exit. To enter the hidden menu press and hold "car" and "Menu" together for 6-8 seconds. To get out of the hidden menu, you need to restart your MMI. To do this press the top right soft key, the control knob and the menu button together briefly. BEWARE, THE BOOTLOADER MENU IN THE HIDDEN MENU WILL RUIN YOUR CAR. DO NOT MESS WITH THE HIDDEN MENU UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Activate the needle sweep
    Go to Module 17 (Instruments), coding, long coding helper then in Byte 1 there is a tickable option. Tick the Guage test / Needle sweep box. Then Do It. Your needles will go all the way through their full range of movement when you start the engine (the markers for the cruise control light up and go off again too)

Activate Video in Motion
    Simply follow the steps in this link. It will also generate the correct security code for you... VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

Automatic engagement of the parking Brake
    Go to module 53 (Parking Brake) and then click on 16 - Security Access. Enter the code which your car gives you 78713 worked for me and A6 Chris.Then go to 10- Adaptation and click the drop down box at the top of the adaptation menu. Find "shift to P EPB" and set it to activated. When you now put your car in 'P', the electronic parking brake will engage automatically.

Change the temperature of the heated steering wheel
    The factory preset temperature is set to 28 degrees C, if you want to increase (or decrease it) simply go to module 16 (steering wheel), adaptation and select channel 10. the preset value is 28 which relates to 28 degrees. Change this to a temperature of your choice and you are done. A temperature of 32 degrees has been tried and tested by Shabazmo.

Deactivate the seatbelt warning system
    If you don't want to have to fasten your seatbelt (for whatever reason) and want to disable the seatbelt warning system, go to module 17 (Instruments), then coding and long coding helper. In byte 0 there is a drop down box for the seatbelt reminder. set it to '00 Seatbelt warning inactive', close the long coding helper, press do it and your reminder is then set to off.

Change the time your heated seats change from level 3 to level 2
    When you put your heated seat on full it will only stay on full power (level 3) for 10 minutes before automatically dropping to level 2. if you want to increase (or decrease) the amount of time this takes, simply go to module 08 (HVAC) and click on adaptation, then on the drop down box there is an option called 'time until heated seat stage withdrawal from 3-2' and also one for stages 2-1. Select the option and enter a new value. The preset is 10 which is 10 minutes.

Activate disc brake massage system
    if your auto wipers are on and detect rain, after a preset period your brakes can automatically start to gently touch on and off of the brake discs to keep them hot and dry therefore shortening your braking distances. You won't notice this happening but when you come to brake they will be far more responsive than if they were wet. To enable this feature, click on module 03 (ABS Brakes) and click on adaptation. Then find the option of 'disc brake wiper' and set it to normal.

Enable coming home/leaving home function with DRLs (switch off xenons/LEDs)
    If you don't like your xenons or LED lights coming on when you unlock the car in the dark you can switch them off so only your DRLs are on.
    [Select]
    [09 Central electric]
    [Coding - 07]
    [Long coding helper]
    Click on byte 6 and disable bit 4

Tail Lights on as DLRs (along with the fronts)
    Turns on rear tail lights too as DRLs during the day

[Select]
    [09-Central Electric]
    [Coding - 07]
    [Long Coding Helper]
    Click on byte 2 and en
    able bit 7

Think that is all ive done for now. Feel free to ask any questions or add to the list.
    Last edited by M1tchy; 13-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

6 6 0

2. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I found another feature you automatic owners might enjoy.

53 - Parking Brake
    16 - Security Access
    Code shown to me was 78713
    10 - Adaption
    "Shift P to EPB"
    Set to Activated

This will auto-apply the handbrake when the shifter has moved to P.

0 1 0

3. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I like the sound of that one! Will try it when the mrs gets back with my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Just came across it there now while having a final root around before it goes back tomorrow.

Module details below;

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 53: Parking Brake (----)       Labels: 4H0-907-801.clb
       Part No SW: 4H0 907 801 G    HW: 4H0 907 801 A
       Component: EPB-4         H03 0014  
       Revision: --------    Serial number: 00000000884018
       ASAM Dataset: EV_ParkiBrake 001028
       ROD: EV_ParkiBrake_AU48.rod
       VCID: 2C537C7E47CB1B7E17F-8079

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 0 0

5. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Increasing the temperature of the heated steering wheel. On cold winter morning the heated steering wheel might not be warm enough. It is factory set at 28C, but I have increased it to 32C. Module 16 steering wheel, adaption, channel 10, stored value 28, change to 32. Job done.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

1 1 0

6. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    good find!

0 0 0

7. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I am struggling to get the lap timer showing on the car. My interest is seeing the oil temperature. Any ideas? I have followed the instruction on the first page.

0 0 0

8. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Press the menu button on your steering wheel then scroll down, oil temp is year dependant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Thanks Chris, I tried that but it did not work. I have one of the first A7's. March 2011

0 0 0

10. Re: VCDS Tricks for the A7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Does the Start Stop annoy you? Well Ive found how to turn it off!

go to Module 10 park/Steer Assist, then adaptation, then Deactivate Start stop function and turn it to active.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast