1. A particularly British Disease 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Why is it that here in the UK unlike the rest of Europe, instead of just having half barriers at level crossings we have gates both sides?

In the rest of Europe they have the opinion I think that if you are stupid enough to drive over by zigzagging across the barriers then if you get wiped out by 250 tons of train at 75mph then its entirely your own fault and something for which you alone have TOTAL

responsibility.

They just remove the car from under the train take the corpses out scrap the car and return the occupants to their grieving relatives, end of story.

No amount of public information films either by the government or train operators will change that, all but the very dim witted know that to try to get across when the barriers are down is insanely stupid and very dangerous.

Not so here in the UK where responsibility is never ever mentioned and where we agonise and have public enquiries at a huge cost to the taxpayer or the train operators who pass on the costs which ultimately we all pay for in increased fares.

Trying to work out why some brainless idiot has deposited himself and the passengers in his car 3/4 of a mile up a track under the front of a train.

Their actions apart from killing themselves, for which I could not care less, could very well derail a train causing death and injury to a lot of innocent and sensible travellers.

The answers simple...they're stupid, thick, irresponsible, if any of these cretins survive they should have their driving licences permanently revoked, they should be forcibly removed on to public transport for their own safety and the safety of others.

You cannot legislate for stupidity, we try to by putting barriers both sides, but that makes the whole situation more dangerous still, the whole idea of half barriers was to allow a broken down vehicle to be pushed off of the tracks through the open side.

Gates both sides mean you have to manoeuvre the vehicle parallel to the track and hope there is sufficient clearance as the train passes, our answer is to close level crossings...very clever, doing this is not the answer!

look on you tube, even with double gates, there are still halfwits who jump over the barriers and idiots who try to drive across whilst the lights are flashing and the barriers are descending...why because they are DUMBASSES.

I have neither the inclination nor the wish to protect them as it will do no good, if the level crossings don't do for them then their crass stupidity will inevitably lead to their ultimate demise by some other equally stupid behaviour.

Our taxes need to be spent on things which benefit everybody , trying to protect the stupid is a waste of time and money.

A german work colleague of mine once commented, when the barriers go down on a level crossing in germany people say:

"We have to stop to allow the train to pass safely before carrying on with our journey"

The British say:

"Why should I? "

250 tons of train against Vauxhall Corsa ... that's why!!!!!!!

Occupants who collectively have a single figure IQ

Says it all I'm afraid.

Gazza57
    Last edited by gazza57; 25-01-2014 at 10:30 AM.

0 2 0

2. Re: A particularly British Disease 
    DSG4ME Guest
    I hear you, I hear you, sadly we are a small voice and the dumbs have the majority.

0 0 0

3. Re: A particularly British Disease 
    DSG4ME Guest
    This is why you cant overtake in all 3 lanes cos dummy can't be expected to look in his right mirror before getting in the lane he should've been in anyway,

This is why you can't drive at 140mph @ 3am on a clear motorway,

This is why we need so many crossings when a simple look left and right before you walk would do,

This accounts to more bulbs burning and YOU THE SILLY UP YOURSELF **** who thinks it great to challenge a moving car are adding to global climate change (if there's any such thing but right on ppl think there is and it's right on ppl who walk infront of cars)

I KINDA HATE MOST PEOPLE THESE DAYS, NEW FOLKS HAVE REPLACED OLD FOLKS, OLD FOLKS WERE BETTER,SMARTER AND MORE RESPECTFUL, HOPE YOU LIKE HOSPITAL FOOD DUMBASS!

Misanthrope

0 0 0