1. CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick question. What is the right CO2 rating for the GTD? The website has 109 for manual and 119 for auto. However, the brochure is 119 [122] for auto. Some car websites also show 122.

The reason I ask is that my company may bring in a car scheme with 120g/km as the limit, and I would be interested in getting an auto GTD as my mileage is about to increase (despite my moans on fuel economy and rattles, it is a very nice car and well specced for the money). Clearly an auto GTD wouldn't be on the list if its rating was 122, but it would be if it was 119. So... which one is it?

0 0 0

2. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pango1in View Post
    Quick question. What is the right CO2 rating for the GTD? The website has 109 for manual and 119 for auto. However, the brochure is 119 [122] for auto. Some car websites also show 122.

The reason I ask is that my company may bring in a car scheme with 120g/km as the limit, and I would be interested in getting an auto GTD as my mileage is about to increase (despite my moans on fuel economy and rattles, it is a very nice car and well specced for the money). Clearly an auto GTD wouldn't be on the list if its rating was 122, but it would be if it was 119. So... which one is it?

Looking in the brochure, the 122 is for a dsg in 5 door. 3 door is 119

0 0 0

3. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I missed that one. Looks like the DSG won't be possible then. Shame.

0 0 0

4. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pango1in View Post
    Thanks. I missed that one. Looks like the DSG won't be possible then. Shame.

Tbh, coming from a dsg. I'm looking forward to a manual again. Get my Golf GTD in 6-8wks.

0 0 0

5. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, my dad was a bit miffed when he found out that his 5 door GTD DSG will cost £105 a year to tax, but my 5 door GTD manual will cost £20. If you want to scrape in under 120g CO2/Km and have a DSG GTD then it will need to be 3 door.

0 0 0

6. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why does this bit of extra weight make such a CO2 difference? The car has plenty of power/torque?
    Got my 5dr manual GTD this week, no complaints!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapport25 View Post
    Looking in the brochure, the 122 is for a dsg in 5 door. 3 door is 119

0 0 0

7. Re: CO2 values for GTD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    because the extra weight has to be lugged around by the same engine... so it has to do more work to complete the same journey. More work = more fuel = more co2.

0 0 0