1. A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, new member here and looking at getting an A7 sometime soon. Don't want to get rid of my B7 RS4 and also the wife's A3 but have to think sensible! My RS4 is just a Sunday car and with a little 16mth old, I thought an A7 would be a better family car!!

Anyway, have been thinking on an S-Line 245bhp Quattro, in either black or Daytona or Quartz grey, 20" segment alloys and a pretty high spec.

I was looking at a few photos from dealers websites and wondered what the keypad with numbers 1-6 on the centre console is for? I've seen some with it and some without, what spec is this part of?

I'll think of other questions as I go along!

Cheers
    Willie

0 0 0

2. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The keypad has different uses. When using the radio, for example, its your 6 favourite stations stored in the system. However when you use nav, it becomes a drawing pad. So rather than using the click wheel to select letters, you draw the letters on the trackpad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 0 0

3. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    As above its a touch pad basically. press the 1-6 for your radio stations or draw on it to input info. Its standard on all A7s (as far as im aware) in the 1-6 button mode only. If you want to be able to draw on it, you need to spec MMI Touch.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

4. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bear in mind there are two different keypads dependent on the Navigation version you have.

Normal Nav has 6 physical buttons. HD Nav has a touchpad with 6 virtual buttons that light up when available.

I'm guessing the cars you've seen without it actually have the higher spec navigation.

1 0 0

5. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also note that the normal Nav (with buttons) also has the smaller MMI screen which IMHO just doesn't quite do the overall feel justice.
    2013 A7, S-line Quattro Tiptronic, Havanna Black, Tech Pack Advanced, Bose, 4-zone climate with heated rear seats, Adaptive Headlights, Rear View Camera, Through-load and storage pack.

1 0 0

6. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, so reading your replies as I understand it, the basic keypad will have 1-6 there in white numbers like just like normal switches in the car and the MMI touch keypad is blank and will light up when the car is going/ignition on?
    Quite a few have their ignitions on for the photos so it's kinda hard to tell which spec they are if not stated! The audi search (and also autotrader descriptions) sometimes seem vague for spec, just depends what details they put in when they list a car I suppose!
    Any other clues to higher specs just by looking at the pics if they're not listed in the description? I see the what I presume is the heads up display button the dash?
    I've quite a distance to travel for any car, but not afraid to go for one I like, but like to be certain before I go!!

0 0 0

7. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen a few with lights in the lower front bumper, is it fog lights or fancy lights from a higher spec?

0 0 0

8. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    willie

Visual ways of telling the basic Nav: 2 horizontal bars between fixed buttons on the key pad and the small MMI screen if out.

If tech pack is listed then you will have the MMI Nav plus and HUD and mobile phone prep high. Visually the HUD is a box around 8 inches square and 2 inches deep between the speedo/tachometer cluster and the windscreen.

The fog lights are integrated within the main headlight cluster (either Xenon or full LED) the fog lights you are referring to are actually the sensors for the Adaptive Cruise Control. This can be added individually or as part of various packs that include all or elements of ACC, Side Assist (blind spot monitoring) and the various pre-sense stopping aides. The ACC sensors in themselves don't paint the full picture but Tech pack advanced should include: MMI Nav, HUD, phone prep high, ACC, side assist, lane assist and from 12 model year folding mirrors. Folding mirrors are a good thing as this is a big car! Be aware that model year can change what comes with the various packs so still worth checking - my advice download the PDFs for the various model years you are interested in to make sure. Also be aware that the permutations are, as I'm sure you have already realised, numerous and many independents will claim something that isn't on the car ( I saw cars without the sensors claiming ACC) or standard kit as an option.

Another couple of visual cues to spec:
    4-zone climate only 2 knobs and digital read out in front console (and if pictures of back seat present then knobs in back on centre console). For heated rear seats you'll need to see the switches on the rear 4-zone controller.

For park assist there are sensors (like the standard reversing warning sensors) on the sides of the front and rear bumper. In terms of switches it's the second from the left in the row above the climate control. If the switch is blank then no park assist but see attached photo (it has a P and a circle like symbol).

For various cameras (reversing, side view etc) I think you'll need to see it on a picture of the MMI screen unless anyone can advise otherwise?

Hope this helps and please come back if you have any additional questions.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sauron; 17-01-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    2013 A7, S-line Quattro Tiptronic, Havanna Black, Tech Pack Advanced, Bose, 4-zone climate with heated rear seats, Adaptive Headlights, Rear View Camera, Through-load and storage pack.

1 0 0

9. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Sauron, some good info there and helped me understand a bit better!

keep the info coming!

0 0 0

10. Re: A7 specs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Willie

just updated previous post with some additional info.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast