Hi,

I've tagged onto this old thread (rather than starting a new one) as it contains relevant information.

On short journey's I find that that my blower motor wouldn't work. On very long journeys I'd find it suddenly starts working randomly for short periods. I can also hearing it starting to spool up then failing.

A local garage have replaced the blower resistor 4F0820521 / 4F0820521A (I'm unsure which). That didn't work.

They attached voltage straight to the fan motor and it spools up and runs absolutely fine. This leads them to believe it's the actual climate control unit at fault: 4F0910043J

XAGA020.jpg

Whilst these are only £40 to buy second hand, apparently they can ONLY be re-coded by the dealership for some reason (not possible at an Indie supposedly). Can anybody confirm if this is the case?
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a dealership who's willing to re-code a second-hand part (unsurprisingly) The new part is £1,110 + re-coding + VAT!! Considering I've just replaced all 6 injectors - it's more than I can afford to spend.

Because it was only £14, I've also ordered another part for the garage to try that may help & hopefully won't need to be re-coded - Audi A6 C6 Control Unit for Convenience System ECU: 4F0907289G

15314.jpg

Can anybody who's had similar troubles offer me any advice or their experience please?
Cheers
Al.