1. Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I have very nearly managed to code the traffic sign recognition option. So far I have done the following:

- 17 Instruments, Long Coding, Byte 05, Bit 2 on
    - 8E Image Processing, Long Coding, Byte 02, Bit 0 on
    - MMI Hidden Menu: car/cardevicelist, VZE on
    - MMI Hidden Menu: car/carmenuoperation, VZE => 5

This has given me options for the traffic recognition system in the "Car" menu, however, it doesn't work fully. On the screen between the clocks it says "speed limit display currently restricted". Anyone got any ideas how to finish it off so it works? Ive got all the relevant cameras and modules that I need, so I think its just a programming issues somewhere.

It is possible on a Skoda using VCDS...
    How to enable Traffic Sign recognition - Skoda Octavia III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community

So as they all use the same software it must be possible on the Audi. Any help massively appreciated.
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

2. Thumbs up Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    I have very nearly managed to code the traffic sign recognition option. So far I have done the following:

- 17 Instruments, Long Coding, Byte 05, Bit 2 on
    - 8E Image Processing, Long Coding, Byte 02, Bit 0 on
    - MMI Hidden Menu: car/cardevicelist, VZE on
    - MMI Hidden Menu: car/carmenuoperation, VZE => 5

This has given me options for the traffic recognition system in the "Car" menu, however, it doesn't work fully. On the screen between the clocks it says "speed limit display currently restricted". Anyone got any ideas how to finish it off so it works? Ive got all the relevant cameras and modules that I need, so I think its just a programming issues somewhere.

It is possible on a Skoda using VCDS...
    How to enable Traffic Sign recognition - Skoda Octavia III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community

So as they all use the same software it must be possible on the Audi. Any help massively appreciated.
    Seems we're in a similar situation, I too am trying to get the traffic sign recognition to work, I've had a look what you have done and its similar to what I have found elsewhere on other forums, the only thing though is that I seem to have a different version of VCDS or maybe your MMI software version is more recent but the bit and byte combinations that you have posted aren't possible when I plug my setup in. So would you be so good as to post a couple of screen caps of the long coding dialogue box showing your coding and the options that I ought to be seeing?
    I think its possible too, just missing one or two minor adjustments, and I think the secret lies in the bit and byte options you described perhaps variations to this (could be wrong, I've been that before) Its one of my little projects, along with my plan to retrofit the cool sound actuator exhausts to my lesser 204 Multitronic A7 you have them as standard on your biturbo (lucky sod). All the same I will post screen caps of what I see to make it clearer what I see in VCDS as opposed to what I should see, as in what you see, ( dunno if that makes any sense ) but any help is much appreciated. Oh and I'm using VCDS 12.12.0 if that helps.
    And thanks for sharing!!!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    My RNSE displays speed limits of the roads as standard

not my pic

0 0 0

4. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah my satnav does that too but speed limits change and unless the mapping has been updated it will be wrong.

Hopefully between us we can get it enabled. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ndiye, hopefully I will finish work early tonight and be able to get some screen shots for you.

It's going into the dealers tomorrow for the rattley HUD so am tempted to say its stopped working and can they fix it! But I'm too honest for that so might ask them if they know how to code it.

Would prefer it if we sorted it ourselves though! ;-)

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ndiye, I am also using VCDS version 12.12.0. No idea why you have different coding on the long coding helper to me.

Sideways rain tonight here though and had to park down the road so not going out im afraid! I will try and get some over the weekend for you. Feel free to post your coding up (if your weather is any better) and we can compare and hopefully, figure this out.

0 0 0

7. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    M1tchy, I couldn't help but think I might have missed something in trying out the coding you posted at the start of this thread, so I had a revisit to rule out any silliness on my part, if I still missed it then there is no hope for me, but see below the screen caps of what I see when exploring the 17 and 8E controllers as it turns out its just the 17 instruments coding that has me in some doubt. Now thinking about, it the only thing I can think of is that you have gone in and changed the coding by actually changing Byte 05, bit 2 to ON by changing the binary from 01010011 to 01110011 as I don't see a check box beyond bit 1 (see below screencap) that I could simply tag that would then change the hex value to 73 and so it would mean replacing 53 with 73 in the Long coding. Now before I go and do this I thought I'd check first, coz I have heard some horror stories about making blind changes with VCDS.What coding do you have

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 00.05.11.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    mjhamilton Guest
    dumb question - where and how would the system actively pick up speed limits for roads???... surely it would need a sensor or camera to do this??... IIRC on most cars the forward facing camera is used to snap and interpolate the limit from road signs......

Surely as per Chris the information would have to come from the data on the DVD so you would need the updated disc to make this more current?

Chris - is this an RNS-E v2 thing??.. I see no limits on my RNS-E v1 - are you now giving me another reason to upgrade

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    It uses the camera from the active lane assist to read road signs.

0 0 0

10. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndiye View Post
    M1tchy, I couldn't help but think I might have missed something in trying out the coding you posted at the start of this thread, so I had a revisit to rule out any silliness on my part, if I still missed it then there is no hope for me, but see below the screen caps of what I see when exploring the 17 and 8E controllers as it turns out its just the 17 instruments coding that has me in some doubt. Now thinking about, it the only thing I can think of is that you have gone in and changed the coding by actually changing Byte 05, bit 2 to ON by changing the binary from 01010011 to 01110011 as I don't see a check box beyond bit 1 (see below screencap) that I could simply tag that would then change the hex value to 73 and so it would mean replacing 53 with 73 in the Long coding. Now before I go and do this I thought I'd check first, coz I have heard some horror stories about making blind changes with VCDS.What coding do you have

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 00.05.11.jpg
    Hey ndiye, yes you are right, I changed the binary sequence to 01110011. Also did the other bits I mentioned in my first post and that's when I got the warning on the DIS about the camera being out of its operational area. After the first time I got the warning, I didn't get it again.

Let me know how you get on

0 0 0

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast