Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divxman View Post
    Hello Watronik7,

I used your guide and my traffic sign recogntion is still not working. I still get "out of operational" area message. I am living in Slovenia, I have Audi A7 2010 with lane assist and adaptive cruise control and my 8E camera have the number 4g0907107b (so traffic sign should work). I have both VCP and VCDS so I did all the steps described in the guide. I have all the menus in the mmi and instrument cluster, but there is no traffic sign recognition working.

Have any idea?
    Sorry, I had problem myself but when I did it as I described, it works for me

Sent fra min G8441 via Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divxman View Post
    Hello Watronik7,

I used your guide and my traffic sign recogntion is still not working. I still get "out of operational" area message. I am living in Slovenia, I have Audi A7 2010 with lane assist and adaptive cruise control and my 8E camera have the number 4g0907107b (so traffic sign should work). I have both VCP and VCDS so I did all the steps described in the guide. I have all the menus in the mmi and instrument cluster, but there is no traffic sign recognition working.

Have any idea?
    Camera based TRS works in conjunction with speed limit data saved in navigation database. Before you have activated camera based TSR, did you see speed limits on MMI screen (see page 1 of my gude)?

From manual and relevant SSP (Self Study Programme): The message text "Speed limit indicator: outside area of application" appears if the vehicle is in a country that is not supported by the speed limit indicator. The speed limit indicator determines which country the vehicle is in from the predictive route data in the navigation system.

Slovenia may be one of the unsupported country. To be 100% sure I suggest you contact your local Audi dealer and ask. They should be able to answer as the TSR is optional extra and if unsupported in Slovenia, it should no be available.

Alternatively if you navigation database does not contain signs, then you may try to update your navigation to the lates version available. The latest available database I can find in internet is 6.25.3 (2017/2018) but you my try one of the previous one e.g. 6.24.2 (2017) or 6.22.4 (2016). There is a lot of guide in internet how to update MMI nav database.

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello,

My answers in short:
    - I updated my navi to 6.24.2 last year so it is more or less updated
    - before I started to activate ASR I had signs in navi screen of my MMI, but now when is activated I have not. (is it possible to still have it in my mmi when TSR is activated?)
    - I remember that on prefacelited audi A6,A7,A8 there was no posibility for TSR to work in our county (Slovenia), but I think that is now working on facelifted cars (but I contacted VCP support a while a go and they said that if I enable in channel 5F -byte 16 bit 2 and bit 3 TSR should work - when I did this it started to working, but it was not working in conjunction with speed limit data in navi data base, but only speed limits detected by the camera so it was useless, because for example I had still 70 km/h speed limit when hitting in to the city and there was no change to the 50 km/h speed limit. So with the modification mentonied above I have only managed to disable to geting the info from camera and navi to only getting info from camera.)

Is there a chance to change this info which county is supported and additional is it possible to update my camera to the more updated firmware, so it will maybe support my country?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

0 0 0

4. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Under normal circumstances once camera based TSR activated signs are only displayed in Driver Information Display (dashboard). Apparently there is a way that signs can also be displayed on MMI screen but this may limit display of some of the additional signs in DIS. I am going to test this feature soon and if successful then I will update the guide.

I have listed all available part No's for camera module. As far as I am aware currently there is no sgo/frf firmware files available for camera module update. If you camera module begins with 4H....then you may try to upgrade it to the latest 4H0907217F from fecelifted module but you would have to do it at he main dealer via SVM. Be aware there is no guarantee that this will resolve your problem. Furthermore, facelifted frimware may not work with pre facelifted modules

Unfortunately, I have no further details regarding which elements of the system relating to supported/unsupported countries. But upgrading camera module 85 and perhaps image processing module 8E to face lifted models may be a good starting point. Alternatively you could get second hand parts and replace these units but be aware that camera will require precise calibration at the main dealer.

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So, the problem is solved only with VCDS + VCP!
    Is it possible to solve it only with VCDS?
    Thank you!

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghevin View Post
    So, the problem is solved only with VCDS + VCP!
    Is it possible to solve it only with VCDS?
    Thank you!
    You need VCDS and VCP in order to activate it in line with my guide. The key element is parametrization which can only be done using VCP.

0 0 0

7. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi watronik7

The retrofit guide on Audi Traffic Sign Recognition is very good guide. Well done !
    I have a A6 4G from 2011 with Lane Assist
    Adresse 85: Cam. Embarquée (J852)
    No. pièce Log: 4G0 907 217 Mat: 4H0 907 217 A H24 0036
    Adresse 8E: Traitement Image (J851)
    No. pièce Log: 4G0 907 107 D Mat: 4H0 907 107 H30 0038

I have the message in ODB :
    no speed limitation and next out of range of operation

The problem perhaps is the version 38 of the control module 4G0907107D
    I don't find a trt or zdc file to flash in V41 the 4G0907107D

The question is it possible to activate the traffic sign recognition with my configuration ?

Pierrotori
    Last edited by pierrotori; 25-03-2019 at 08:23 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    You have got this message because you did not performed parametrization of unit 8E. Follow up Step 5 of my instruction. If you cannot find required .zdc file for your unit in your VCP, then contact VCP support via email and they will make all available .zdc files to be visible in your VCP File Management.

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    can i flash the version from calculator 4G0907107 E to the calculator version 4G0907107 D ?

0 0 0

10. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    As far as I am aware it is not recommended to downgrade the frimware. Why do you want to flash down from E do D?

0 0 0

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast