Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey M1tchy

Okay I tried the alternate binary code, and it was accepted, but nothing, no change, if anything the only difference is the the speed display from nav is no longer available and that the traffic sign recog menu appears in the car menu. I didn't get an error dialogue like you described earlier. I think its in the adaptations that the final step is, looking into it and as suggested in the link you provided there needs to be a change in the adaptations for information electronics. Now that's not definitive, its a guess at best, part of the reason being that in my previous endeavour trying get the boot to close via remote after much trial and error the thing that got everything working was to enable the correct adaptations for the relevant modules. So my question to you is what coding have you got for your information electronics, a screen cap would be brilliant, as I'm more visual but of course that is entirely at your convenience and preference.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ndiye, glad you are now at the same stage as me. I have only had that error message once and as you say now it's in the MMI I think we are close. I will get a screen shot of info electrics for you shortly.

Did you get your boot to close via remote as well as open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick response, and yes I did get the boot close working in the end works very well too ( no coding faults )despite having been initially told by my dealer that the function only works with the advanced key which I don't have. One wonders . . . . .
    2016 A7 BiTdi Black Ed. Misano Red Tech Pack, Parking pack and more . . . .

0 0 0

4. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I don't suppose you would be so kind as to share your coding for the boot? I will code that while I get you some screen shots if that's ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a compilation of collated info from different sources and it was a matter of trying varying combinations of those little tidbits, a lot like we're trying to do with the traffic sign recognition. So it's the result of some experimentation, and as you know there is an element of risk with VCDS changes. As I said it works like a charm for me and I have been keeping an eye on it with scans every so often, did the mod several months ago and so far so good no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't want to be responsible for the ruination of your spectacular ride, so if you're okay with that, yeah I'll send it your way, will pm it to you. On that subject any ideas on getting the spoiler to retract on locking the car after a manual deploy of the spoiler, that's something I would like. I sometimes forget it in the up position and it feels vulnerable, like someone might rip it off like some bizarre trophy or just for kicks, so would be nice to retract it without having to go out to the car and powering everything up just to put the spoiler away. Any ideas?

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah im happy to take the risk if you are happy to share your knowledge. It can all be put back to how it was if it goes wrong.

On the spoiler note, I havnt been able to find any part of VCDS that allows changes to any of its settings. I was looking to change the speed it deploys but no joy so far. I agree it does look vulnerable when its up and the car is parked.

1 0 0

7. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    M1tchy sent you a PM . . . . . Let me know if it works for you.

0 0 0

8. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Very kind of you. Off to try it and get some screen shots for you now. Back shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ndiye, you are a genius, that worked first time and was so easy. Thank you. Do your parking sensor alarms beep when it is closing? Mine does, which I like as a sort of safety feature.

Now, Im afraid i cant find an information electrics section on VCDS. I do have central electrics though, is that what you mean / want a screen shot of? Let me know if so as ive got it saved, but if not, do you know the short-cut code for info electrics? i.e. 8f for image processing

The adaptation side of things you sent me on your PM reminded me of something I found when trying to code the traffic recognition camera but there were loads of options on the drop down menu and none seemed to accept the coding from off to on. Annoying but we must be so nearly there.

Out of interest, what do you do for a day job? Just interesting to find someone with a technical mind thats all.

0 0 0

10. Re: Traffic sign recognition nearly coded 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont mention it M1tchy you're welcome, glad to share but I can hardly take the credit, I only cobbled together various bits of other peoples work, I recall quite a large chunk of that info coming from a youtube videos or two, I don't remember the authors but credit to them and a few others.
    The beeping isn't your parking sensors, its a buzzer thats serves the boot functions and with remote close is serves to give a warning of the closing in progress, I read it in one of the Audi study guides when doing my exploring, its the equivalent of the beeping that you get when a large truck is reversing.
    The scan that I need is for the controller Address 5F Information Electr. and controller Address 46 Central Conv. if its not too much trouble, that would be great and if you could do by way of a few screen shots that would be even better, and greatly appreciated.
    Day job, I'm in IT the boring side, hardware that is, but working on switching to software . . . now that is far far more interesting, and yourself?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast