1. Question Car Applying BRAKES Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have noticed this right from the start and only now its starting to bother me.

I drive to Peebles and Innerleithan pretty often to hit the downhill bike trails and the road I take is very up and down and fast....pretty awesome driving road.
    On the downhill sections under acceleration the car applies the breaks very slightly, can only assume its some sort of energy storing system but my god its getting annoying when you are wanting to go and they car doesn't.

Is there any way of turning off this feature?

Thanks
    Paul Smith - Audi A4 B8 - 2.0TDI (143) - S line - Bluetooth Low - Bang & Olufsen - Parking Aid

0 0 0

2. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Do you by chance have cruise activated when you feel the braking as that is normal in the B8? If so it is the cruise "maintaining" your speed. The same did not happen in any VAG with cruise before this one.

i also know know that the B8 dries your disks in wet weather but I have never noticed this as braking despite the recent **** wet weather in the west of Scotland.
    Daytona Grey S5 Sportback
    Almost all the toys!

1 0 0

3. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I dont have the cruse control feature on mine :-(

I have noticed it doing it in the dry also, usualy just getting over the crest of the hill and putting the foot down and as I speed up the car has a gentle dab at the breaks for only a second or two, I notice it only on the steeper downhills.
    Starting to get a bit concerned now ha ha
    Paul Smith - Audi A4 B8 - 2.0TDI (143) - S line - Bluetooth Low - Bang & Olufsen - Parking Aid

0 0 0

4. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I noticed something similar on mine - I put it down to "lack of acceleration" rather than a dab on the brakes but maybe it seems like the same thing. It was only very slight and not annoying.

Always when accelerating off the brow of a hill. I figured it was just a quirk of fuel moving under gravity briefly causing the loss of power.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

1 0 0

5. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I honestly don't know. That particular route I drive I know when its going to happen and its always on the steeper sections.
    I would say its either breaking or engine breaking, most sections when I put the foot down the car responds as expected but now and again this phantom force appears.
    The closest thing to this dab etc is when you are on the motorway and its pouring down, you hit a patch of surface water that just holds the car back for that split second. That's how it feels.

0 0 0

6. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've seen this too. On a downhill road with speed bumps it happens 100% of the time for me on the sown side of the bump. It also does retard the car when cruise is on and it's exceeding the set speed, it's the first VAG car I've seen do this. It's normal if a bit disconcerting though.

Peter
    2017 A4 B9 2.0 TFSi S-line S-tronic
    2009 A4 B8 2.0TDi SE Avant (written off by a van )
    2005 A4 B7 2.0TDi SE Avant (gone)
    2002 A4 B6 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant (gone)
    1995 A4 B5 2.6 Sport Quattro (gone)

1 0 0

7. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I can briefly remember this being a topic of interest before, I'd be checking with audi to see if there are any software updates for your car so ring customer service on 0800 699 888.

I'm heading out for breakfast now but I'll have a look when I come back.

1 0 0

8. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahhh didn't know they could update the driving side of the car like this. I was aware of the updates which are available for the SD card phenomenon but didn't know about this!
    Ill give them a call in the new year once my battery had been changed over.
    A silly question. I take it they will charge for the update?

Thanks
    Last edited by P Smiddy; 31-12-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Rubbish Spelling

0 0 0

9. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    mjhamilton Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post

I'm heading out for breakfast now but I'll have a look when I come back.
    You would seem to be a big fan of going out for breakfast - having anything nice this week?

0 1 0

10. Re: Car Applying Breaks Itself 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P Smiddy View Post
    Ahhh didn't know they could update the driving side of the car like this. I was aware of the updates which are available for the SD card phenomenon but didn't know about this!
    Ill give them a call in the new year once my battery had been changed over.
    A silly question. I take it they will charge for the update?

Thanks
    Yep ECU updates, saying that your car couldn't have any outstanding but always worth a try, and yes they'll be free.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhamilton View Post
    You would seem to be a big fan of going out for breakfast - having anything nice this week?
    Haha I'm allowed to treat myself while I'm off Had a 'small' fry consisting of 8 (yes 8 pieces) which was very nice indeed and washed down by a mug of tea

1 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast