1. touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my tailgate been fine till today. the only way it will release is by doing it from inside the tailgate itself behind the warning triangle. it will open and close fine untill the car is locked then it will no longer open. i'm guessing its the catch. is there a part on the catch that goes or is it a case of new catch?

thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar problem with a previous car, it may be worth spray some WD40 into the lock mechanism when you have it open, that solved mine for quite a few months until I had to do it again

0 0 0

3. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilstouran View Post
    the only way it will release is by doing it from inside the tailgate itself behind the warning triangle.
    My Touran tailgate won't open. It is only partially closed but refuses to open, either using the handle itself or the remote key.
    I have taken off the warning triangle but cannot see any sign of a lever. If I remove the plastic bit (is this by simply removing screws?) will I see a lever or anything?

0 0 0

4. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you dont need to remove screws just remove warning triangle etc, you need to then reach through and feel around where the catch would be and there is like a lever which comes of the catch.

0 0 0

5. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Neil - found it. Not very obvious when you're grovelling from inside but with the aid of a torch managed to find it and get the boot open again. Good job I have reasonably long fingers.
    The catch seems to be working ok again now.
    I'll see how it goes now and give a squirt of WD40 if it fails again.
    Tony

0 0 0

6. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is from 2013 but I've just fixed my own Touran tailgate in 2018 and am posting in case it helps anyone else (I'm a 'lurker' trying to repay my debt to other posters).
    My 2006 Touran's tailgate has slowly started refusing to unlock itself... today it finally stopped unlocking altogether ... I could hear the lock/ solenoid mechanism doing something when I used the remote but it wouldn't unlock (I tried the remote many times , shutting all doors , pushing the tailgate shut with my bum, banging the area where I thought the lock was etc etc ... nothing worked)
    Fixed it by folding rear seats ... crawling into the 'boot' and removing the emergency triangle (which is in a compartment in the rear door just near to the numberplate).... I then sprayed in WD40 in all directions through the various openings in the plastic inside the emergency triangle compartment.... a few minutes later the rear door opened and I then sprayed WD40 into the mechanism that actually hooks onto the metal bracket at the bumper ... after this the unlocking was perfect.

0 0 0

7. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm having issues with opening tailgate on my Touran 2007. The key fob or the Microswitch won't open the tailgate and can't hear the motor. I had the tailgate actuator removed and I applied 12V between pins and 1(0V) and 4 (12V) and the motor works fine as I can see the latch open. I checked the wiring loom which connects to this tailgate actuator and there seems to be -12V at pin 4 and this doesn't change when I press the Microswitch or keyfob and don't hear the motor.
    I thought it might be broken wires but I actually did output test on VCDS and this will run the motor and open the tailgate so that can be ruled out.
    So it's very strange that I can only open tailgate with VCDS and nothing else? Anyone knows what's going on?

0 0 0

8. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    [EDIT: Fixed spelling...]

Do you mean actually open it when stood behind vehicle?

Does the button under the number plate have a bit of click to it? I recall ours getting stuck "in" some years ago, so I had to take it out and free something in it. Was fine after that. All the button does is tell convenience controller to open boot. That the controller can open boot from VCDS suggests it is the signal from button which is failing.

0 0 0

9. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replay VAG-Abound.
    Not sure what your 1st question means but I can only open tailgate with VCDS using output test and I can hear the motor run and then able to open the tailgate by pulling the handle.
    The button under the number plate does make clicking sound so I'm sure the Microswitch seems fine.
    You say that the button tells the controller to run the motor which opens the tailgate then the same should apply to the keyfob middle button but neither of these work.
    Thanks for your replay.

0 0 0

10. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think we're confusing each other with "unlock" and "open". By "open" I meant being able to physically lift the boot hatch. Reading again I think your "open" is my "unlock" - although all this does is set the controller so that the under number plate button allows physical release and lifting. When "locked" the controller ignores the button pushes.

To try and get us on the same page...

1. If our car is fully locked I can't open the boot - boot is locked same as doors.
    2. If I press the middle button on fob I hear nothing, but indicators flash twice - boot is closed but unlocked (ie, controller will respond to button under number plate).
    3. I can now press button under number plate there is a whirr as mechanism moves to release boot latch. I can pull / lift boot door, stow stuff, and close it.
    4. If I press lock button on fob indicators flash, side lights go out, door mechanisms click and boot is locked (but no sound there).
    5. If I press unlock button on fob indicators flash, side lights are on, I hear door mechanisms clunk off of deadlock and boot can be opened .

So I don't think fob should run motor or actually open boot - it just "unlocks" it.

AFAIK, the only thing that will open an unlocked boot in normal use (ie, no VCDS) is the under number plate switch. I'd still suspect that.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast