1. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok so I can now describe my situation using your terminology.
    • pressing the middle key fob button does not unlock the tailgate (only indicators flash twice) - pressing the button under number plate doesn't run motor but I can hear the microswitch clicking.
    • pressing the unlock button on key fob unlocks all door except the tailgate (indicators flash twice) - similar to above when I press the button under number plate doesn't run motor but I can hear the microswitch clicking.

Also to clarify when I say 'run the motor' I mean what you describe as 'whirr as mechanism moves to release boot latch'.

When I use VCDS output test I get the whirr as mechanism moves to release boot latch. Then I go to the back of my car and just lift the tailgate open without pressing the button under the number plate.

So the only way to open my tailgate is through VCDS and the manual lever from inside the car.

0 0 0

2. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan2468 View Post
    • pressing the middle key fob button does not unlock the tailgate (only indicators flash twice) - pressing the button under number plate doesn't run motor but I can hear the microswitch clicking.
    Everything you say makes me think it is still the microswitch (short hand there for "button under number plate" ).

There is no local connection between microswitch and boot latch. Controller listens for instruction to release boot, then does it if boot is unlocked. We know the controller can "hear" VCDS, so it's reasonable to think the controller isn't getting a signal from the microswitch to tell it to do the same.

Hence the bit I've quoted is exactly what I'd expect since pressing that middle button to "unlock" the boot makes absolutely no sound on our working car. All it does is send a signal to the controller to say "if the microswitch is now pressed obey the request". That's effectively unlocked it, but there is no feedback to tell you that. Similarly a "lock all" says "now ignore any signals from microswitch". So I think that is actually working fine.

Make sense?

0 0 0

3. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    BTW, it's pretty quick job to remove rear door trim so you can see the connections, etc. Two screws in warning triangle "pocket", and one each to left / right near bottom. Then work around with wooden spoon, etc to pry off.

On ours the microswitch was stuck in. If I took its connector out and then put it back it would release the boot, because to the controller that looked like I'd just pressed the microswitch. But if I closed it with the connector on it would then stay closed. So it is the "edge" of the press which makes the controller release the boot - a permanently closed microswitch is ignored just like a permanently open one.

0 0 0

4. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes that makes sense.
    I have already removed the trim and can see the connector.
    How do I access the Microswitch to replace ? Looking for a replacement online and they come with he number plate light. Can't I just replace the Microswitch ?

0 0 0

5. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Actually never mind I was referring to the another connector and I have seen a YouTube video on how to replace just the handle part.
    I'll give it a go tomorrow and update you.
    Thanks very much.

0 0 0

6. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Yes, unless you want to dig deeper than by design it's a single unit for microswitch and number plate lights, etc. If you end up trying to source a replacement used one the same unit was used on similar age Golf Plus, Jetta and Passat. Still with the 1T0827574L (and predecessor C or J suffixes).

Good luck .

0 0 0

7. Re: touran tail gate not opening 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just thought I update you. I did replace the Microswitch unit and all working now. Just for my own interest I opened the old Microswitch and saw that the handle part was never fully pushing the Microswitch's lever as the lever was slightly bent.
    Thanks for your help.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12