Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,
    I have a 2008 Golf 140bhp 2.0TDI DSG Highline. Done 120k Miles.
    Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a vibration on when accelerating at motorway speeds (60 mp/h+), but the problem goes when cruising, regardless of speed.
    I took it to a mechanic, and after looking around, none of the mounts appear worn, and came to the conclusion that it was a dodgy DMF (Dual mass flywheel).
    Took it apart, and yes the DMF was annihilated. Replaced it, and the problem went away for about one week.
    Now the problem is back, identical problem, no noises can be heard when driving, just a vibration when accelerating, I have tried to drive through it, to see if the problem goes at higher speeds but it gets worse. But again the problem goes when cruising, if I take my foot off of the accelerator the problem goes.
    The vibration seems to be worse when going up a hill, to a point where the passenger can feel it in their seat. So its as if the engine is struggling under load, however there is no hesitation when accelerating.
    I have had new wheels, balanced, aligned. The new DMF.
    Not sure what to do next, any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Russell

0 0 0

2. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Tyres/wheels/tracking/bearings all ok?

Doh sorry just seen you have checked those!.....I have a DSG...has yours had the oil service done?...every 40K I think...
    Golf Hatchback 2012 1.6 tdi CAYC

1 0 0

3. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

Tyres and rims are new, tracking and alignment recently done, as well as balancing.
    Bearings would cause a vibration when cruising as well as braking, whereas mine is only under acceleration.
    had my DSG oil changed less than 5k ago. Done by a VW dealer.
    Problem only really started about 500~miles after they did it, I'm wondering if they have fudged something up.

0 0 0

4. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Just an update, today on my way home was on the motorway using cruise control at about 60 mph like I always do.
    Going up an incline the cruise control shut off and the car dropped from 6th into 5th and then 4th, but wouldn't allow me to accelerate, was slowly losing speed.
    As if the engine was in limp mode, could this be a related issue? or has a new one cropped up.
    No lights came on my display, I pulled over as soon as safely possible and shut the car off, took they key out, waited 5 minutes then started the engine, car appeared to be fine for the remainder of the journey although there wasn't really room for me to test it again up to the 60 mph mark.
    Had a quick look under the bonnet, oil is fine, coolant is fine, no leaks apparent under the engine, car revs quite happily in neutral upto 5000 rpm.
    Really at a loss here, as all these problems appear to be happening at the same time.

0 0 0

5. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Why not take it back to the clutch fitter,if it was all right for a week after fitting a new one, maybe the new one has a fault or something came loose.
    A scan is probably required to help with your new problem

1 0 0

6. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't a clutch, was a flywheel, Have had the gearbox off again to check, flywheel is perfect as expected.
    I am taking it to a garage tomorrow to scan for codes and to have a look to see if anything else could be an issue, maybe a dodgy injector, turbo problem? fuel starvation another possibility.

0 0 0

7. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    An update for anyone following this problem,
    Took the car into the garage today put it on the ramp and started poking around, turns out the inner C.V joint, the one with the tri-bearing´s that connects to the DSG is annihilated.
    Currently stuck on the ramp whilst the guy runs around with it on his scooter to see if he can match it up as there is quite a few different variations in lengths/diameters.
    Hopefully this fixes the issue! Still no sign of the limp mode problem as no fault codes were stored.

0 1 0

8. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    Finally fixed the problem after hunting for the part over xmas/new year.
    as stated it was the inner c.v joint, which cost around £650, or i was offered a complete drive shaft, with both new c.v joints for £130, so i went with that,
    Just taken the car for a spin up the motorway at... slightly increased speeds and not a single vibration, back to smooth acceleration and gear changes.
    Hope this helps someone in the future!
    Thanks all.

0 2 0

9. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I have similar problem on my car and I am wondering if you are still free from vibrations and what was the manufacturer of the drive shaft and cv joints?

0 0 0

10. Re: Vibration on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, have replied to the PM you sent.
    But yes the DMF/inner c.v did fix the issue.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast