1. Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all I just fitted new battery to my A4 B8. I put a Bosch S5 battery but the messages on the screen about low battery is still coming up. After hours of trying to find solution I understood that I need to do coding on the battery. Does any one know how to do that using VCDS?
    Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Google audi b8 Ross tech battery coding. On the Ross tech site they have a step by step guide and screen shots mate
    Audi A4 B8 S Line - VCDS - needle sweep - LED number plate lights - painted calipers with S Line decals - Audi Drive Select - Cruise Control - OEM S4 pedals & RS5 footrest - facelift flat bottom steering wheel - LED interior lighting pack - rear view camera/xcarlink - carbon fibre wrap interior trim - OEM S4 power fold wing mirrors - OEM rear sunblinds - OEM LED tail lights- RS4 style grill

0 0 0

3. Re: Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks I have already looked them and I will try to do it tomorrow but it is a shame I did not write down the serial numbers from the new battery and it is a pain to get to the battery. Do I need to enter the same numbers as they are on the battery or I can just change few figures?

0 0 0

4. Re: Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Enter the numbers (10 figures) as they are on the battery after you input the manufacturer code. This enables your system to learn the new battery that way you won't get the low battery warning all the time
    Audi A4 B8 S Line - VCDS - needle sweep - LED number plate lights - painted calipers with S Line decals - Audi Drive Select - Cruise Control - OEM S4 pedals & RS5 footrest - facelift flat bottom steering wheel - LED interior lighting pack - rear view camera/xcarlink - carbon fibre wrap interior trim - OEM S4 power fold wing mirrors - OEM rear sunblinds - OEM LED tail lights- RS4 style grill

0 0 0

5. Re: Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Before you do that....... I had the same thing at the end of last week - new battery fitted & DIS still said 'low battery level'. I almost went through the rigmarole of getting it coded etc. The problem seems to have cured itself however after I just took the car for a decent run out. My Dad had the same thing with his old Volvo too when the AA fitted a new battery & he said the car just needs to be run to let the car 'get used to the new battery' or something. Have you tried driving it for 20 mins since fitting the new battery?
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 1 0

6. Re: Battery coding 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it will learn your battery on its own if you don't let the old battery charge drop too low. I can't remember what the percentage is but if it does drop too low it goes into a safe mode and the new battery will need to be coded

0 0 0