Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex jb View Post
    I cycle to work 3+ days a week,
    As a cyclist breathing in traffic fumes it should matter more to you, personally I despise cyclists and think they should be banned from the roads and made to ride on the pavement, which many of them do illegally anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by rowdy-999 View Post
    ......and how many die from tobacco related issues directly or passively?
    If you read the poem below by WH Auden the line "Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent" covers that one
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

2. New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    You seem a bit angry (yesterday) Crasher?
    I don't want to pick a fight with you, I'm not much help to folks here on this forum but you do provide genuine information, so I'm happy to bow out on the emissions one.

As for the 'cyclists should be banned from the roads' statement, do you have kids/wife/OAP relations?
    If so, how do you think they would get along with their walk to the shops if I was allowed and indeed forced to ride on the pavement? When I ride to the library in the next small town with my 7 year old daughter, I ride barely above walking pace and get along fine with pedestrians, when I commute to work I average 20-22mph, is that going to work for kids with headphones on oblivious to their surroundings?

0 1 0

3. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    my nearest pavement is 4 miles away in the next village, but that only goes up the main road where there are some shops. i suppose its a town really because there is a church. anyway, cycling is good for your health, unless you fall off.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 2 0

4. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex jb View Post
    You seem a bit angry (yesterday) Crasher?
    No but I was suffering the lingering effects of the night before plus I am a grumpy miserable old ******* anyway, or so Mrs Crasher keeps telling me... Plus I was due back at work today after a lovely week of drinking myself senseless.

No children, can't stand them. I noticed Sainsbury's were doing baby butter the other day in their seasonal aisle and when I enquired the assistant could not tell me if that was to use before cooking or after, useless people!

The only OAP is Mother of Crasher and she drives a Polo as she would fall off a bike if we allowed her to get on one as she falls over anything, the cat, door sills, fresh air! It is probably where I get my own extraordinary ability to fall over from, genetically unstable, in more ways than one...

Most cyclists ride on the pavement anyway, five out of the seven cyclists I saw this morning were riding on the pavement, one of the others was all over the road getting in my way trying to kill himself, ohh and the other one went straight through a pedestrian crossing red light and nearly hit two senior school children using the crossing. I watched him in my rear view mirror and a few hundred feet further on he went straight across a primary school crossing in between the crossing warden and a bunch of infant children.

Part of the grumpiness aspect is my writing style, I consider myself much more amenable in real life where gestures and tone of voice convey my naturally spellbinding personality without causing offence, well less anyway. Maybe I should give up cars and be a stand up comedian....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 8 0

5. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Funny stuff!

As for the ahole cyclist, it drives me mad that they get more respectful cyclist a bad rep.
    Running a red light at a crossing will eventually get said cyclist a smack in the chops from a relation of an OAP helping them to the shops, that's cycling karma.
    Running a red light at a junction is nominating yourself for a Darwin Award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 2 0

6. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What was your poison Steve ?

0 1 0

7. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It was a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape followed by an ice cold bottle of Cactus Jacks Cherry Schnapps, after which I crawled to bed and slept like a log.

Funny thing happened this morning at the crossing where the cyclist rode through the red light, all the traffic was backed up going towards the crossing with an ambulance coming up behind me to attend to the teenager lying in the road who had just be knocked over on said crossing...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Ouch!
    Maybe the karma lightning bolt hit the wrong guy!

0 1 0

9. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi

it will pass emission as well. emission without filter will be still in tolerance.

chassing of dpf must stay in place.
    minus is when you travel to main dealer and he update sw in ecu.. after that any remap or dpf off in sw will go away and car will start smoke in black.

This way dealer can realize that dpf has been removed.

my advise. once you get dpf removed and car is out of warranty and you have to take car to main dealer. ask for not updating sw in engine ecu of the car!

on my previous car emission goes up from 0.1 to 0.4 with tolerance of 0.6 without dpf.

0 0 0

10. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    What about the emissions recall that is going to be logged on the cars history with the DVLA as having been carried out or not? There are no fancy gadgets required to tell if the DPF has been removed, just a significant digit! Left digit Euro IV 2008, right digit Euro V 2009

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast