Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I am proud owner of Passat 2007 Auto from last 6 months. But I am struggling to pair my iPhone with car Bluetooth. I know we can only pair 4 devices with it I think may be all 4 slots were occupied by the previous owner.

It don't let user to delete User Profile until we pair a device with it.

Can anyone please answer the following questions:

1. How to delete the User Profile?
    2. Is their any way to pair new device with, I have searched the car Bluetooth from 3 different phone without any luck?

From iPhone's its not searchable at all, VW Bluetooth only appeared once when I searched it from Sony Xperia, never appeared again on same phone as well.

In display it gives me three options (Connect, Search Devices and SOS). When I do search devices, it finds nothing.

Please advice me what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Welcome to VWAF

I assume you have the ignition ON when you're searching?

0 0 0

3. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes that's obvious, sorry I forget to mention in post. But yes, I try it while ignition is on and car is stationary.
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Welcome to VWAF

I assume you have the ignition ON when you're searching?

0 0 0

4. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    What radio have you got? Is this a Bury system?
    If it's a 9W2 original then it'll only pair with early Nokias.
    You'll have to update the Bluetooth module to 9w7 to get uptodate BT connectivity
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

5. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its MFD, so I believe that it should pair with all. Even sometimes it tries to connect to previous owner's Blackberry which is stored in it.

Its the one shown in image below:

mfd2-navigation-system-digital-tv-upgrade-by-love-my-auto.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If it's a 2007 then you may have the Premium Bluetooth kit (box under the seat) or perhaps the version that preceeded it, which usually had a cradle.

If you have bluetooth display on the red Highline display then I suspect you have the Premium Bluetooth kit, which as you say only allows 4 phones to be paired. There's no way to cancel pairing without a paired phone, unless you do it in VCDS, which is a bit of a bummer.

The worse news is that it only works well with a Nokia phone and even then not all of them. You can get some Blackberrys, some HTCs and very occasionally a Samsung to pair. That assumes you have the correct firmware on the phone and that the moon is in the correct part of the sky. And you have green pants on. Forget iPhone, it doesn't work.

Best way to check is to look at the sticker in your spare wheel well or service book and decode the codes to see if you have the PBTK. Here's hoping you haven't.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

7. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I think it's Premium Bluetooth kit

But I will double check it. So there is no way to use this. Honestly Bluetooth kit was on of the reasons behind this purchase. Very disappointed. Is their any way to get it working?

0 0 0

8. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dunno whereabouts in Londun you are, but I'm near to A102 Blackheath Sun in the Sands roundabout if you want VCDS
    Othewise have a look at:
    VWAF User Location Map - VCDS - Google Maps
    to get the old 'phones wiped out. Still won't do iPhone though, but you may be lucky with others.

When they started out Bluetooth specs were meant to be backward compatible... But my top-of-the-range then in 2009 JVC would only pair with 2007/8 'phones despite valiant efforts of the staff at the 3Store in Bromley. They tried virtually every 'phone in their contract range -- they could be seen but not paired. So ended up using a PAYG sad-'phone just for handsfree in the car

0 0 0

9. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks RichardSEL

I am based in TW13. About 20 odd miles away from you which is not far.

what is the process if doing it and Any idea how much its going to cost me?

A friend of mine worked in Halford he recommended me to update the firmware. Not sure if its going to help or not!

Its very disappointing, I have paired my iPhone with a BMW before which is older than this car.

0 0 0

10. Re: Struggling to pair device with Bluetooth. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There was a pairable bluetooth module that offered very limited function but acted as an interface with the the Premium kit. I used to have the part number (it was only officially available in Germany) but I've done a bit of a search and can no longer find it. Sorry about that.

If you do a web search along the lines of "VW Premium Bluetooth Module" you might find the information I once had. It will be in German. But it cost a kidney to buy so I stuck with a Nokia for 5 years until the Passat got traded.

I feel your pain.

Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast